Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Attachments

Discussion starter · #24 ·
@lb2010 , any update on this?
Somehow I missed all these replies! I cleaned out the nest and regularly set traps and it seemed to get better. Now, my truck is sitting more so they are back and I need to readdress it. I can smell them when I roll down the widows and open the moon roof, so I think somehow they are even in the doors and roof. I am feeling very discouraged honestly....

Unfortunately I experienced this with my 90 civic wagon when i parked it for the winter before. Insurance wanted to write if off due health safety from mice droppings. Which I said no due to it being a rt4wd wagon. The only solution i had was remove all the interior including the dash and carpet. Lifted the car atleast 3 feet off the ground placed traps and poison around the spots i lifted at so no mice and go up again. Few days after i wrapped the whole car with plastic and called the exterminator to fog the whole car with poison. It worked took me about a month to find all the dead mice. Given that it was a small car. A bit unconventional but its my wagon i wouldnt trade it for any sports car.. Its almost 100 chance u can get rid of the infestation.

Somehow I missed all these replies! I cleaned out the nest and regularly set traps and it seemed to get better. Now, my truck is sitting more so they are back and I need to readdress it. I can smell them when I roll down the widows and open the moon roof, so I think somehow they are even in the doors and roof. I am feeling very discouraged honestly....
Mine were behind the back seat mostly. I removed the seat (6 bolts) and removed the fiberboard soundproofing panel. That was so bad smelling and chewed up I replaced it. The amount of mice dropping back the was amazing. I fashioned a wire cage from the inside instead of accessing from the bed as was recommended. This will keep the vent functional it equalizes the pressure when the door closes. Carpet cleaner and lysol helped with the smell. I also removed the console and used a camera that attached to my phone/tablet (10 bucks ebay). Good luck

The bed panel below the rear window (actually called the head board) is held on by torx bolts. I cant remember the size on those, but if you have an assortment, you can get it out. Once you remove that panel, you have access to frame with the two extractors.

If you really want to go the extra mile, you can fabricate a mesh to go over those, but do know that the flaps do swing out, when the air pressure is released. You can see how far the flaps move, by closing one of the doors as to not obstruct the movement should you go that route..
I placed mesh (gutter screen) over the vents.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive design

Wonderful. Make sure you spray some sealant (like an underbody protectant) on where the sheet metal screws were placed. This way, water that gets behind the composite panel, does not end up inside your cabin by finding its way through the screws.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.