Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
No point getting them out of the truck if they aren't out of the garage and home.

Call a good pest control service. Your problem will be solved
Years ago when I lived in Stone Mountain Georgia they clear about 30 acres for a car dealership and our neighborhood was over run with mice and rats.

Did not take any time to get rid of them by using the Decon mouse bait.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I live in a wooded area and have issues with mice,chipmunks and squirrels. They seem to be able to get into almost anything or any vehicle. I have used Critter Ridder and sprayed liberally around the wheel wells and underneath with some good results. Just needs to be done no less than once a month, or after a heavy rain. I had the chipmunks mess up some wiring as they used my 4Runner as their personal jungle gym and chew toy when I couldn’t get the “Critter Ridder” sprayed on it frequently like I had in the past. Several hours of making wiring repairs and having the dealer replace the fuel lines, led me to keep any vehicle that sits outside sprayed down almost every two weeks just for good measure. Will it keep them out forever, probably not but at least it helps. I keep 2 vehicles in the garage (one being my Ridgeline), but my other 2 vehicles outside get sprayed down frequently. I also keep moth balls around the house and it seems to help with keeping mice, chipmunks and squirrels away from the foundation. Might not work for everyone, but right now it works for me.
I try not to use DeCon around the outside, but it has crossed my mind. It will also kill what is a predator for the mice,chipmunks and squirrels. Those predators do other things than just kill mice, chipmunks and squirrels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So I go and check under my cover this morning to see if any critters came back. Lo and behold, I lift the cover and there is a little bastard mouse staring back at me in a new little nest. He ran off. Off to get mouse trap and not the friendly type of trap. This guy's on borrowed time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts

Here's what I found in my 2019 RTL-E.
The truck had sat for a few days, I'm injured & can't drive.
A friend was over, and I had him move my RL.
When he did, part of an acorn fell out, and a mouse poked its head out from behind the front wheel.
He took off the engine cover and revealed this.
After cleaning everything out, the insulating blanket under the hood was removed, and we saw that
there were a couple of areas where the mouse had taken the insulation.
All of the visible wiring appeared to be untouched.
My wife picked up some Critter Ridder, which she sprayed in the wheelwells,
hopefully this keeps the mouse away.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts