Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I understand this correctly I cam solder the micro bypass in before I open the dash right? Much easier to do in my living room. image.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another couple of questions. Can I also wire the metra harness to the radio before install as well as the steering control adapter? I keep reading that people have installed an antenna adapter or something as well. I didn't buy one as I'm not sure if I need one. One last thing, going to wire up for an amp to be installed at a later date. Is it just rca outs in the back of the new pioneer and a dedicated fused line to the battery, tucked away neatly until I have the amp? Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Some parts of the antenna adapter can be wired into your aftermarket stereo harness. Some cannot. There is one wire you must connect to a factory wire that doesn't connect to the aftermarket stereo harness. Another wire in a factory harness needs to be cut and run to ground behind the dash.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I wired all the radio harness, metra harness, and microbypass all together, I don't remember about the antenna but I sure do have some pics that I can look up. For the rca cables I also ran them because that will save you from tearing the dash apart again, I wish I would of ran some 4 channel rca's. for the power cable of the amp it is best to run it on the opposite side from the rca cables because the power cable can cause noise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info smokey619. Does this diagram seem to be correct in your opinion? Looked up the antenna adapter and its 9 bucks or so. Probably can cut and solder the wires as well. image.jpg

·
Registered
790 Posts
some of those colors look strange to me, I don't exactly remember but I can be wrong, because I remember my dimmer being orange/white.

here are some pics that I took, the blue wire was the antenna but I ended up wiring up to another wire I think it was the yellow wire. And you can see the microbypass wired there, its all just matching color except the antenna and the dimmer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I've read the dimmer was orange/white. Trying to find a diagram to have handy for the install.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
some of those colors look strange to me, I don't exactly remember but I can be wrong, because I remember my dimmer being orange/white.

here are some pics that I took, the blue wire was the antenna but I ended up wiring up to another wire I think it was the yellow wire. And you can see the microbypass wired there, its all just matching color except the antenna and the dimmer.

Thanks for the pictures. Always great to have a reference. Much appreciated. Is that an antenna adapter in the last photo? I have no idea what the dash and factory radio looks like torn apart.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yes that is the antenna adapter, because the factory one is a little rectangle and all aftermarket radios have a round plug as shown in the pic

·
Registered
790 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts