Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
16,083 Posts
I buy these bulk packs from Sam's. I like the neon green. I use them for everything from cleaning mirrors and glass inside the house to drying my vehicles. Right after opening the package, I cut all the plastic tags off (they can scratch) then launder them. Wash them in hot water using a "heavy duty cycle" with an extra rinse. NEVER use fabric softener. Speaking of fabric softener, if you want your bath towels to be absorbent and yours clothes to last, avoid fabric softener. It works by breaking down fibers then coating them with chemicals. Also, don't drop them or use them for anything but "clean" wiping. Otherwise, junk gets embedded in them and they'll need to be discarded.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
When you wash them in washing machine to clean them order
Detailers Pro Series Microfiber Cleaner you can order it at Groit's Garage or places that have car detail products online. This stuff cleans microfiber towels cloths wax bonnets much better then soap detergent. It makes them soft like new again. It removes wax polish sealants oil & dirt.
Remember only clean microfiber stuff by itself no other type cloths that have lint. Don't use dryer sheets or fabric soft products.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
When you wash them in washing machine to clean them order
Detailers Pro Series Microfiber Cleaner you can order it at Groit's Garage or places that have car detail products online. This stuff cleans microfiber towels cloths wax bonnets much better then soap detergent. It makes them soft like new again. It removes wax polish sealants oil & dirt.
Remember only clean microfiber stuff by itself no other type cloths that have lint. Don't use dryer sheets or fabric soft products.
It could have been autogeek or I ordered from but do search for product to find best price.

·
Administrator
16,083 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Is there a different's in quality or brand between the to stores .Lets get technical, are all micro towels the same. I know Sams sells quantity cheaper but dont know of quality. So if you want 100,000 it will be cheaper at Sams then 10 same size at another store at a better quality, but I might be dead by the time I would use the 100,000.:act024:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Is there a different's in quality or brand between the to stores .Lets get technical, are all micro towels the same. I know Sams sells quantity cheaper but dont know of quality. So if you want 100,000 it will be cheaper at Sams then 10 same size at another store at a better quality, but I might be dead by the time I would use the 100,000.:act024:
Sams and places like that sell a cheaper microfiber towel.
If you order from autogeek or groit's garage type places it's better quality.
Some of the towels a thick plush soft like good bath towels others are thin.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Don't use dryer sheets or fabric soft products.
For years we get a small bottle of fabric softener. Cut a microfiber or two into 4 or 5 inch square's, soak them in a ziploc with the softener overnight . Hang them to dry for a day or two (they'll make a 1200 sq ft basement smell great) and each one becomes a very low chemical dryer sheet you can use 50 times.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Am I missing something? Sam's sells a 30-pack of 16" x 16" for $13. That's 43 cents each. The Rag Company's cheapest price is $1.55 each if you buy 200 or more. That's 3-4 times more expensive than Sam's! Maybe you should visit Sam's. :)
Huge difference in quality.

·
Administrator
16,083 Posts
As far as the ones from Sam's go, the last ones I bought must have been at least 4-5 years ago. There's no telling how many times they've been used and laundered. They still look, feel, and work exactly as they did when I bought them, so I can't predict how long they'll last. The only reason I've ever found to discard them is if I contaminate them with grease or wood shavings.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is where most companies get their micofibers to resell. I buy mine direct from here, much cheaper without the mark up.
http://www.theragcompany.com/Detailing-Supplies_c57.htm?page=all
Could I ask which ones you like or specifically use from that site for removing wax? Also, any you would recommend for drying that aren't microfiber? I also am looking for a new sponge. Would you recommend the microfiber orange? I like this one as I don't prefer the mitts....Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Could I ask which ones you like or specifically use from that site for removing wax? Also, any you would recommend for drying that aren't microfiber? I also am looking for a new sponge. Would you recommend the microfiber orange? I like this one as I don't prefer the mitts....Thanks for the input!
I have the edgeless blue, but the orange edgeless are the same and I use those for wax/polish removal. The avalanche edgeless is ok for drying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I second the raggcompany microfibers. I use the Sam's club ones for cleaning dirt out of the wheel wells, bed etc but you can't beat the Pluffer waffle weave for drying and the plush micros for taking wax off, that the ragg company has. Good prices for quality stuff. Cheap micros can actually scratch or cause swirls to your paint.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
A coworker has a GT500KR Mustang and he uses the waffle-weave microfibers on his black paint. They do a terrific job - just make sure you have 3-4 of them so you can swap one out when you're done with a body panel.

Chip H.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts