Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We usually drive with it down, but this weekend, I had to sit in the middle back and listen to terrible creaking coming from the raised head rest. Anybody else have this problem? Could you fix it?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I haven't had that problem, Hez. While the creaking would bother me I would want to be sure that the integrity of the headrest hasn't been comprimised. You may want to take it to the dealer for a look. Please let us know what you find out. Good luck and thank you.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I'm sure most of us have never had the headrest up and not using it could have caused it to bind a bit in the slide tube. I would take it out and give it a shot of silicon, or if it doesn't come out, put a bit of silicon on a rag and rub it on the sliding posts.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Hez said:
We usually drive with it down, but this weekend, I had to sit in the middle back and listen to terrible creaking coming from the raised head rest. Anybody else have this problem? Could you fix it?
Could it be a temperature thing? I get a bunch of "creeks" until the cab warms up... then things seem to go away

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hez said:
Ours must have been assembled on the day the workers all got their profit sharing checks! This things quiet as a dead mouse….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts