Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gang! Just got a, new to us, 06 RL! Love it, of course! Can't wait to get it off road.

Hope this is not a redundant question ( I have tried the search engine and Google) We tried using the middle rear seat belt, for the 1st time today, but the dang shoulder belt is behind the seat. I can pull the belt up and out of it's enclosure, just under the rear window. The problem is I can't get the buckle out from behind the seat. I have no idea if, or how, the back of the rear seat can move forward.

Suggestions?

Many thanks! There sure is a lot of information to be gleaned here. Looking forward to spending some time poking around :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sounds like the buckle was either stuffed behind the seat to be out of the way or the back seat was removed for some reason and now the buckle is trapped.

I removed a portion of my back seat when I was adding a backup camera, so I could route wires. If I remember correctly, the seats bolt down at the bottom and hook in at the top (kinda like hanging up a clothes hanger).

If you are not having any luck prying it out then you'll likely want to unbolt the bottom and see if you can fee up some wiggle room... I'd suggest not taking it all apart though, it's a task to get it pieced back together again.. Just do as little as you possibly can to free it, though you'll have to start at one end first and work towards the middle.

There should be more info on how to take out the back seat on here.

Oh, and Welcome to the ROC!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts