Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of a new Ridgeline. My wife bought a 2005 Odyssey EXL and I was impressed to the point that I want to downsize from my 98 Tahoe to the Ridge.

I have test driven several already and would consider buying the RTL with Moonroof. I don't think I need the NAV system.

With the recent increase in fuel prices (paying about $2.47 per gallon for regular octane) my question relates to actual mileage members are experiencing. I know what the EPA estimates are but can any members provide what they are actually getting. Assume normal city driving conditions without towing anything.

Also, does anyone know if Honda is planning to lower the price. I'm not in a hurry to purchase but I would if the price came down a but.

Any help or insights is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Most I ever paid for a truck, but you get what you pay for. Honda should hold the line on price if not inflate it like domestics so they can give incentives. I hear GM is just about giving theirs away, yet Honda has a record July. Hold your breath till prices decrease. :p Oh, 16 MPG in town AC on and heavy size 12, but no complaint. ;)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Pete Schweaty said:
I am considering the purchase of a new Ridgeline. My wife bought a 2005 Odyssey EXL and I was impressed to the point that I want to downsize from my 98 Tahoe to the Ridge.
Downsize from the tahoe? You'll actually find more room than you can imagine in the RL. I had a tahoe and would not trade my ridge for any GM product...ever again.
Good choice with the RL & you will not be dissiponted!
...mileage average 16- 18 in the city.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Pete Schweaty said:

I have test driven several already and would consider buying the RTL with Moonroof. I don't think I need the NAV system.

With the recent increase in fuel prices (paying about $2.47 per gallon for regular octane) my question relates to actual mileage members are experiencing. I know what the EPA estimates are but can any members provide what they are actually getting. Assume normal city driving conditions without towing anything.

Also, does anyone know if Honda is planning to lower the price. I'm not in a hurry to purchase but I would if the price came down a but.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think you'll find that most of the owners are experiencing gas mileage within the range of the 16/21 rating, especially after the engine has a few thousand miles logged. For me, I've been able to get 20 on the highway and about 17 in mixed used. I couldn't crack 16 until after the engine had broken in. There is lots of owner commentary on this site about gas mileage. Have fun- I know you will if you take the plunge :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Go to the search page and search for gas mileage. you will find quite a bit of info. Go for it. you will not regret it. I paid msrp in march, and i hear folks been getting the from invoice on up. :)

BTW, my reply above was a boo boo, suppose to have been a quote. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheRidgester said:
Downsize from the tahoe? You'll actually find more room than you can imagine in the RL. I had a tahoe and would not trade my ridge for any GM product...ever again.
Good choice with the RL & you will not be dissiponted!
...mileage average 16- 18 in the city.
I've actually gone back & forth on this many times. I love my Tahoe. It has been reliable, but it is a 98 with almost 100K mile on it and last time I filled up it cost me $62. I don't need a new car/truck, but have be very impressed with the RL.

I've been offered the RTL with Moon Roof for $30,675 + Tax & Tags.

I was hoping to get under $29K. Maybe wishful thinking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In mixed driving got 17.7 mpg. On highway driving I26 and I85 for 134 miles at speeds between 70 and 75mph, got 20.5 mpg. I now have a little over 1600 miles on my ridgeline and the mileage is looking up. ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
We are getting 18-19 mpg - half highway and half around town. We have only driven it 600 miles so far.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Gretchen said:
We are getting 18-19 mpg - half highway and half around town. We have only driven it 600 miles so far.
Hey Gretchen, what breed is RL? Silver, I'm sure! RTL? RTS? moonroof? xm? nav? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Hey Gretchen, what breed is RL? Silver, I'm sure! RTL? RTS? moonroof? xm? nav? :rolleyes:
Blue RTS :D No nav - we bought a portable Magellan 700 a year ago so we couldn't justify it. (Couldn't live without it though!)

We have just been using the middle grade octane and going easy with the air conditioning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't let them kid ya. Mileage ain't that great. 15+, MAYBE 16 for all city driving. But I don't care either.

Because the Ody and the Ridge look oh so good together...

Oh, and I paid invoice for mine.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I get between 19-21 mpg. Mostly very hilly, country roads.

Love the Rideline, traded in my TrailBlazer.

Good luck with your decision :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
almost all of my driving is in town and I also live close to the dealership, so my Ridge is barely warmed up by the time I get to work. I have been seeing mileage in town around 15 or so. I do have customers that say they are getting closer to 19 all around. Do not let the mileage discourage you, this is the best vehicle for the money in it's class.... Go ahead and take the plunge, you will be glad you did.

·
Registered
170 Posts
man now this really makes it hard for me. I looking at this or the titan. I really like both. Both are big and will work for me but I can get the titan top of the line LE 4x4 for 30 out the door. For the ridge I would have to get the navi. Gas is about the same for a v6 and a v8. It just so hard. I like then both. I like the ridgeline just becaue it a HONDA. If gas keeps going up may just have to keep may accord for a lot longer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just bought an RTL with moonroof and XM. $500 over invoice seemed to be the standard price in my area. I was concerned about fuel also but have always had a use for a truck around my property so I broke down and got one. The Ridge comes pretty close in mileage to the Volvo wagon I was driving. Good luck, it's a great vehicle.
Rdige story:
While grocery shopping with my two fidgets the other day. A woman across the parking lane watched me open the tailgate to the side then open the storage area. Her jaw just about hit the ground watching the process.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Whoever posted about the Titan:

My dad bought a Ridge and traded in his Extended cab 4X4 Titan to do so. He does not drive fast and was only getting 11-12 MPG, maybe 13 if he was lucky.

Just FYI

1 - 20 of 24 Posts