Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i finally drove the rtl today. i think i got some good prices...
rts for 28343 otr and rtl for 29636 otr....now i can't decide.....
rts....rtl....rts......rtl.....blue......red......blue.....red.......
would it be worth the 1300 to go with thr rtl?????????
blue.......rts.....red.....rtl.......rts......rtl......blue.....red.......
i'm gonna go nuts!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Oh, that's an easy one. For the years and years thet you will have your truck, the $1300 difference will allow you to enjoy it even more and, when it come time to trade it on your next Ridgeline, you will get most of that difference back - but only if you choose the black one!:cool: The important thing is - pick one soon and let the good times roll!

·
Registered
148 Posts
You'll end up liking the additional features of the RTL over the RTS. And of course BLUE is the best color choice! (I might be biased)

Whatever your choice it will be a good one.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I have to concur! Go for the RTL with Navi!! We wish we had... Any color will do as long as it is BLACK.:D

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I'm happy with my BLACK RTS. There has been a time or two that I said that Navi would be nice...both times stuck in traffic in Nashville. Otherwise a map and online directions before leaving the house are a lot cheaper than Navi and the maps stay up to date.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
RTL with NAV in BLUE. You won't regret any of it. NAV does much more than just show you streets and that is nothing to sneeze at on it's own. I use it all the time, even in my hometown.

On any trip in unfamiliar turf, it is such a blessing. You can find gas stations and ATMs and hospitals and rest stops. You can zoom around and it will give you mileage and estimated travel time from your current position to your destination. In an emergency, you could give your exact location out in lat and long. It even tells you elevation.

Then there are the voice commands. . .

I'm not planning on updating my dvd very often. Maybe only once every five years or so. I still love paper maps, but I'm using them much less often.

If you have not played with a NAV unit, give it a chance. We had to use one in a Pilot because they didn't have a RL with NAV. I was hooked. Must have, will never regret.

I didn't especially want the leather seats, but they aren't as bad as I expected about getting hot or sweaty. I absolutely love the dual temp controls and heated seats.

We plan on keeping this truck until it dies or we die, whichever comes first. We definitely wanted all the goodies.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You only go around once, go for the gusto.

The BLUE RTL with Moonroof and Navi is the only way to go. The price difference will only hurt until you get off the lot and onto the street. After that it will just be a distant memory.

Don't worry about accessories, you can always add them later, but you'll only have one chance at getting the basic model configuration correct. Better to go with the top BLUE model now than to regret (not that you'll ever regret having bought any RL model) your decision later.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Don't listen to any of these guys. Get the truck you can afford but make sure its SILVER. The SILVER ones work the best. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
We have a blue RTS and now we both wish that we had the RTL. The leather seats would be so much easier to keep clean. Oh well, next time! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
WHITE is the classiest and looks best in the snow! Easy to keep clean and scratches don't show.

Come on White Ridglines, don't let the coloreds keeps us down!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Ok I have to chime in for WHITE as well:) Like above go NAVI! I've been spoiled for the last 3 years with Navi and will never ever go without! reason not mentioned above.... your sitting in that traffic jam, you see a side street and figure you can cut thru. I've done that prior to nav, to find myself back where I started or worse! With nav, you take a look, plan your escape and presto! your out and on your happy way! Add that to your mpg and see how much you save in the 1st year:)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Blue is the only way to go!!! If I had to do it over again I would get the nav. Now I spend most of my time trying to decide on an after market nav.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aren't you dreaming of a WHITE Christmas? ;)

White is the color I see talked about the least here....it is not only the classiest look to the Ridgeline, but also you will stand out that much more having a rare color:D

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver.

And get the RTL w/ leather and Navi (or ivaN...) - My only regret w/ my Ridgeline is NOT getting these. <sigh> It is only money, after all. Color is most important, after all. It says everything about you.

"Silver, especially a shiny, metallic silver, is cool like gray but livelier, more playful. Silver can be sleek and modern or impart a feeling of ornate riches."

Me-thinks this says it all.

-ridgeln

·
Registered
333 Posts
kdogofjtown said:
Hey!!! What happened to the plain old RT??? In white of course!
Second that!! :cool:

The only thing the RT doesn't have that I wish I had is heated mirrors. Still hoping to find a way to upgrade them.

I saw a post recently that someone got an RT for $25,400. For the few thousand, I can do without some luxuries, and I'm not missing out on any of the safety or performance items that make this truck special.

Have fun deciding! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Uh, don't you mean PRIMER colored?

ridgeln said:
Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver, Silver.

And get the RTL w/ leather and Navi (or ivaN...) - My only regret w/ my Ridgeline is NOT getting these. <sigh> It is only money, after all. Color is most important, after all. It says everything about you.

"Silver, especially a shiny, metallic silver, is cool like gray but livelier, more playful. Silver can be sleek and modern or impart a feeling of ornate riches."

Me-thinks this says it all.

-ridgeln

1 - 20 of 35 Posts