Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently visited a dealer in Minnesota and he claims that until just recently, Honda dealers in the area were not taking anything off the the MSRP. He said that he could now do $800 off of the MSPR, but from what I've been reading on this forum, folks in others areas are doing quite a bit better. So, my question is, has anyone received a good deal in the Twin Cities area? If so, where? Is it a dealer that you would recommend working with?

(Yes, I did search the forums for Minnesota. Not much information available :( )

Any help would be much appreciated!

By the way, I have submitted a request for an email quote, but haven't recieved anything back yet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Contact at least 8 Honda dealers (internet department) within a 300 mile ( or more) radius of your house( let them know your willing to drive for a good deal) and let them know what your interested in. Put down 111 111-1111 for a phone number so they can't call you, only contact you through your email. What your doing is baiting your own hook for them to bite at.
Find out exactly what you want and get the invoice price through edmunds or bluebook. After a day or two let them know the other dealers your dealing with and tell them your buying price. I would try $500.00 above invoice because you said your area isn,t really dealing in Ridgelines. Is that true? In some parts of the country some people are getting invoice or so they say. $500.00 is a safe bet to start with as long as they don't tack other b.s. prices after you sign the deal. Don't call them right away. They will email you many times over the next week to try to get the sale.( They don't know what deals your working on with the other dealers but if you mention names they tend to want to get your business even more and they hate it when other dealers get the deal instead of them) After a few days you could call them to touch base and give them your phone number for good faith. This is a good gesture and none of the dealers I dealt with were harassing and called me every day.
Patience is the key here! And a good 1 1/2 to 2 weeks of bargaining could lead to a good deal. One thing to get before you give them your OTD (out the door) price is the destination,dealer prep,registration,tire fee and any other fees from each dealers.
Good luck,
any other questions e-mail me,
Mike Kennedy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:

Well, I sent out for quotes on a RTL to 14 dealers within a couple hundred miles of where I live. 48 hours later, I've recieved replies from 10 of them. Most of them were around $1k off of the MSRP, with a couple of them nearing $2k off of the MSRP. One interesting quote came back with a "Sale Price" of MSRP. Huh?

I brought the lowest quote to my dealer to ask if he'd match it. Looks like he will! :D This is a good thing because I really liked our salesperson. He was not at all pushy, knew quite a bit about the vehicle, and treated us with respect. Looks like I'll go in and see if he can negotiate a dealer trade either this weekend or early next week.

BTW, it's interesting that of the 4 dealers that didn't even respond, 3 of them were pretty rural dealers. Wondering if they just don't think they can compete with the city dealers? On second thought, that can't be it. The lowest quote I got was from a rural dealer. Boy, you'd think any dealer would jump on a chance to supply a quick quote. And yes, I did specify on my quote request that I was looking to buy immediatly.

Now....what color was I looking at again...? Oh yeah....
Amazon Green!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hotbox said:
I've recently visited a dealer in Minnesota and he claims that until just recently, Honda dealers in the area were not taking anything off the the MSRP. He said that he could now do $800 off of the MSPR, but from what I've been reading on this forum, folks in others areas are doing quite a bit better. So, my question is, has anyone received a good deal in the Twin Cities area? If so, where? Is it a dealer that you would recommend working with?

(Yes, I did search the forums for Minnesota. Not much information available :( )

Any help would be much appreciated!

By the way, I have submitted a request for an email quote, but haven't recieved anything back yet.
Here in Colorado, a Northglen Honda dealer has been selling Ridgelines for $2000.00 below MSRP and the other dealers don't seem to have a problem matching that....

Don

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought mine in May at 2500.oo off MSRP @ Burnsville Honda. Sorta sounds like you might be dealing with Richfield Honda. Tried them but would not recommend them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts