Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the 2021 Ridgeline Black Edition and I notice that the cover for the in-bed power outlet should have two knobs that hold the cover in place. I am missing one. The dealership is not responding to my requests for this part. Is it possible to buy this knob somewhere? If so, is there a part number I can reference? So far I have had no luck finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I recently purchased the 2021 Ridgeline Black Edition and I notice that the cover for the in-bed power outlet should have two knobs that hold the cover in place. I am missing one. The dealership is not responding to my requests for this part. Is it possible to buy this knob somewhere? If so, is there a part number I can reference? So far I have had no luck finding it. Any help would be appreciated.
I would talk to the Sales Manager, or the General Manager, in person or by telephone, "not responding to my requests" is NOT acceptable as this is a warranty issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If a dealership can't find time to satisfy a warranty request for a $1.67 item, and keep a customer happy, I can only imagine how they would handle a complaint of actual significant cost to them. Hopefully this issue does not represent the mindset of management at your dealership.

·
Administrator
18,548 Posts
They don't make any money off a $2 warranty claim. In fact, it'll cost them money due to the amount of time it takes to write up a warranty claim, order the part, handle it, and notify the customer. There's virtually no motivation to bother with such a petty thing in their minds.

·
Super Moderator
6,089 Posts
They don't make any money off a $2 warranty claim. In fact, it'll cost them money due to the amount of time it takes to write up a warranty claim, order the part, handle it, and notify the customer. There's virtually no motivation to bother with such a petty thing in their minds.
Agree, but that would be the last time I used that dealer for warranty work, if I had a choice of dealers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Clearly they should just be able to hand one of these to a guy who just dropped 40k on a truck. Dumb dealership or sales guy apparently.

As for warranty? The sales guy can just skip one of his mcDoubles at lunch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Consider yourself lucky (okay, not really)! I have two knobs on my 21 BE but when I turn them the cover is still stuck shut. Not in a hurry to use it so I'll get them to fix it at the first oil change.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found mine was cracked when I was checking it out after I got home from a day of haggling at the dealer. I just called the parts department directly and they charged sales and gave me a brand new one for free. Thankfully I didn’t have to deal with my sales guy since he wasn’t returning my calls anyway!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The sales manager responded today and said they will overnight me the knob. Maybe they saw this discussion. Lol. Regardless, I appreciate the feedback. Lifetime Toyota owner but first time Honda owner. So far so good other than this.

·
Administrator
18,548 Posts
That clip and door design isn't the greatest. It's functional, but the fit of the cover varies with manufacturing variances and the plastic clips are somewhat easy to break. I broke one right after I got home with my new 2021. The dealer dropped a replacement in the mail along with replacement body plugs.

The clips are cheap, but whatever you do - don't break or lose that cover! That piece of plastic lists for over $250!

·
Super Moderator
6,089 Posts
That clip and door design isn't the greatest. It's functional, but the fit of the cover varies with manufacturing variances and the plastic clips are somewhat easy to break. I broke one right after I got home with my new 2021. The dealer dropped a replacement in the mail along with replacement body plugs.

The clips are cheap, but whatever you do - don't break or lose that cover! That piece of plastic lists for over $250!
That's almost as good $$$ as stealing a catalytic converter, and you don't have to lay on the ground and get dirty. Not nearly as much demand for the cover though on the black market.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Then why even make it a warranty claim, why not just hand the customer a new knob and call it good?

Though, it does seem a bit odd that the nobody noticed the knob missing before taking possession of the vehicle?

Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts