Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ridgeline RTL with Navi White
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first vehicle, a 2011 Ridgeline RTL with Navi, and there seems to be a part missing. I got it at such a low price the cost of one part wasn’t much a concern at the time, but now I can’t figure out what it is. It’s missing some kind of box that attaches to a hose that sucks in air in front of the battery (circled)
if anyone could tell me what this part is called that would be greatly appreciated!
Mine looks like this if that helps! While I’m already making this post I’m also wondering does anyone know what this cap is called as well?
As you can see in the picture the top cap in the bed came off and has started rusting out. The bottom one is in and looks great, so if anyone could tell me what the cap is called that would also be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,315 Posts
Welcome to the ROC.

The Factory Service Manual refers to that component as the Air Intake Duct. It serves to direct cold air into the intake system of the engine. If you Google it, you should be able to find the part number. And you should be able to find the exploded diagram to see if there's any other missing parts of that system you need.

Here's a link to the 2011 Ridgeline intake. You may need part #8 too.

RL 2009-13 air intake duct-1.png RL 2009-13 air intake duct removal.png

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,315 Posts
The missing piece in the bed is a plug cap.

Reactions: 2011Ridge

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The large ones hold the bed to the frame, the four smaller ones in between the large ones... the small ones hold the hinges to the trunk lid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the ROC.

The Factory Service Manual refers to that component as the Air Intake Duct. It serves to direct cold air into the intake system of the engine. If you Google it, you should be able to find the part number. And you should be able to find the exploded diagram to see if there's any other missing parts of that system you need.

View attachment 412289

View attachment 412290

Here's a link to the 2011 Ridgeline intake. You may need part #8 too.

View attachment 412289 View attachment 412290
The missing piece in the bed is a plug cap.

View attachment 412291
Thank you so much!! I looked all day for that dumb thing lol! I’m so excited to have a Ridgeline now and I love all the features so much! Thank you again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The large ones hold the bed to the frame, the four smaller ones in between the large ones... the small ones hold the hinges to the trunk lid.
Thank you! I did not know that I did notice the two missing plugs had lots of rust where they should be do you think I should get that fixed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You are also missing the wide black plastic trim piece that covers the top radiator brackets and bolts. Go back to your reference photo to see what it looks like. It goes from fender to fender across the top support. I'm guessing the radiator was replaced and whoever did the work neglected to finish the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are also missing the wide black plastic trim piece that covers the top radiator brackets and bolts. Go back to your reference photo to see what it looks like. It goes from fender to fender across the top support. I'm guessing the radiator was replaced and whoever did the work neglected to finish the job.
Thank you for telling me! I’m sure that’s what happened. This vehicle is a rebranded title so when making repairs I’m sure the people just forgot to put that back. I’ll get that part then thank you!

·
Super Moderator
23,315 Posts
Take a look at your coolant in the radiator (when cold) and make sure it's a pretty Honda blue color and no froth or color of strawberry milkshake. Also check the tranny fluid and make sure it's a nice healthy light pink.

Any idea of the maintenance history on your Ridgeline?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts