Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make a mobile phone work in my ridgeline as a hands free or do you need the navigation package?

I can see where there are 3 buttons and a speaker/mic. I can see one button for the garage door opener but I can't even find how to program that in my owners manual. What do I look up? Its not under the word GARAGE or DOOR opener. I can't see how a garage door opener needs a microphone or 3 buttons either..... So I was wondering if this also a basic blue tooth setup. I think I have everything but the nav package.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The three buttons & LED are for the Homelink integrated garage opener. One of the diagrams at the front of the manual should show it in a picture, with a callout to the correct page number for programming instructions.

The microphone is only there if you have the Nav package. Otherwise it's just an empty grille opening.

If you don't have the Nav option (and the Honda HandsFreeLink that comes with it), you want a module like the USASpec hands-free bluetooth adapter:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581BT3...97465&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439221545&awdv=c

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Is there a way to make a mobile phone work in my ridgeline as a hands free or do you need the navigation package?

I can see where there are 3 buttons and a speaker/mic. I can see one button for the garage door opener but I can't even find how to program that in my owners manual. What do I look up? Its not under the word GARAGE or DOOR opener. I can't see how a garage door opener needs a microphone or 3 buttons either..... So I was wondering if this also a basic blue tooth setup. I think I have everything but the nav package.
There are several stand alone bluetooth devices available that will fill your need. Here's a start:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6mpk61ln6_b

1 - 4 of 4 Posts