Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new here and just got my Ridgeline a month ago. I need some opinion from most of you on choosing projectors - I have found some at Amazon for relatively much cheaper than Retrofitsource, though they are great reviews but cost of price is way too much plus it's about to be a 7 years old truck.

I managed to find this from Amazon with great reviews and few mods needed
http://www.amazon.com/Nilight®-Mini-Bixenon-Projector-Lens/dp/B00B21R0TA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41BOgW+cStL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=040EFG6TV17J2CXMZ5RQ

As Retrofitsource has a kit for $315. I guess my main question - has anyone have done any projectors buying it at cheaper price? or Should I just make the investment of purchasing an expensive unit? I'm really torn as I was to use some of my spendings on other accessories.

I'd like to hear some input - Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well the one you posted on Amazon looks like the mini 5.0 or earlier. You won't be as happy with the out put if they are. I have used version 6.0 and was happy with those. But I used the better Xb bulb that TRS sells. If you decide to go with TRS I would go for the mini D2S 3.0 projectors with the XB 4500k D2S bulbs with the morioto D2S ballasts. Better output than the mini H1 projectors.
I have been buying stuff from TRS for quite a few years and have done a dozen or so retrofits on my cars and trucks. You could go with the stuff on Amazon and you will be happy with the better than stock (hopefully) out put. But know there is better stuff out there.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think they are a bit to cheap...and doubt the company will be around to support any issues. I wouldn't mind doing these in a smaller vehicle or something that didnt cost a ton to replace the headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts