Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a used 2008 RTX with 155000 miles. Runs xlnt and very clean but with hi mileage i have changed all fluids and changed timing belt and radiator to be safe. I have no cel or pending codes but have a failed test in mode 6 : TID 4A which i understand translates to egr lift. Removed and cleaned egr but no change, also the other mode 6 tests for egr (49 and 4B) are ok (complete and passed).

So wondering if this means an egr or other problem down the road or something to ignore. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Recently bought a used 2008 RTX with 155000 miles. Runs xlnt and very clean but with hi mileage i have changed all fluids and changed timing belt and radiator to be safe. I have no cel or pending codes but have a failed test in mode 6 : TID 4A which i understand translates to egr lift. Removed and cleaned egr but no change, also the other mode 6 tests for egr (49 and 4B) are ok (complete and passed).

So wondering if this means an egr or other problem down the road or something to ignore. Thanks.
I had a similar issue on my MDX a while back. I removed and cleaned the EGR with no change. The second time I removed the EGR, I noticed the port under the EGR was almost completely clogged. I cleaned it with with a small wire brush and carburetor cleaner. Had no problems after that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I didnt notice any pluggage in the manifold port and did squirt seafoam down it but easy enough to pull and check again. Maybe i can try to shove a big nylon zip tie doen the port to make sure not fouled.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just wanna make sure you checked all the ports on the intake plenum, I believe there are several (maybe 6 but don't quote me). You can see all of them by removing the top access cover on the plenum, no need to remove the entire intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts