Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after posting a poll, and much debate, I finally decided to install my grille of choice.

Before (Standard '09-'11 RTL Grille):

The factory 09'-11' Grille is one of the reasons why I went with this over the '12+. But alas, I wanted to differentiate my truck a bit from the rest.

After (09+ Std. Chrome Shroud w/ SE Insert + Red Honda Badge):

Wayyyy too hot out today, I'll post some better pics when it cools down out side.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied! Many people suggested just using the SE grille and insert, but honestly, I'm not a big fan of the black on black on black look. The Chrome & black Grille, fits' the overall theme of my truck a bit better.

More about the badge:

Not sure how long the badge will last, as I found out it is not truly a "Genuine Honda" but rather a knockoff w/ imitation Honda packaging including a fake Honda Part Number. FYI an OEM Red Honda Badge this big currently does not exist.

I wanted to draw back to Honda's Import roots, so I opted a red badge to tap into the "Type R" roots of Honda's golden days. It's actually a tad smaller than the standard Ridgeline Badge. Up close you can tell it's not OEM Quality, but curiousity got the best of me, so we'll see how it holds up. The alignment tabs don't line up as expected, so I had to break them off. Now, only the little adhesive that is making contact with the surface of the SE insert is what's holding it on.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Looks absolutely great! ! !

.... and don't sweat the imo-badge; if/when it fades or falls off, you just fall back to your original (or whatever else you want to try). 'Might toss a beemer badge on there just for grins! :)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,399 Posts
Looks Good.

Just hope no one walks up to test that Red Badge's attachment to the Grill

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks absolutely great! ! !

.... and don't sweat the imo-badge; if/when it fades or falls off, you just fall back to your original (or whatever else you want to try). 'Might toss a beemer badge on there just for grins! :)
Thanks! And yes ill just revert back to the oem badge. I'm considering it more of an experiment if nothing else. Haha.

Looks Good.

Just hope no one walks up to test that Red Badge's attachment to the Grill
Thanks and Yes... I may be putting too much faith in our society. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,458 Posts
Looks great feelmuhpino!

I never did like the factory grille and immediately replaced it when I purchased my Ridgeline. I replaced mine with the OEM optional Sport Grille Insert, not to be confused with the grille on the Ridgeline Sport and SE models.

As you can see, I also added the OEM Brush Guard for I did not like how blunt the front bumper looked. I've been very happy with the end result and it has held up well.

I put together this graphic from Honda's press photos showing the change in the Ridgeline's front fascia over time. I find it interesting how a change in grille and rims can affect the Ridgeline's appearance.
Fascia Changes.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Many people suggested just using the SE grille and insert, but honestly, I'm not a big fan of the black on black on black look. The Chrome & black Grille, fits' the overall theme of my truck a bit better.
Agree 100%, your grill looks great!

·
Registered
385 Posts
The red badge is awesome - very nice! You can probably tell from my grille that I like having something unique, so it's nice to see someone else doing something different.

Flymo

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
More pics added!!!

Small mod but it makes a great difference.
Simple and clean! That's my M.O.

Nice job. :act035:
Thx!

Looks great feelmuhpino!

I never did like the factory grille and immediately replaced it when I purchased my Ridgeline. I replaced mine with the OEM optional Sport Grille Insert, not to be confused with the grille on the Ridgeline Sport and SE models.

As you can see, I also added the OEM Brush Guard for I did not like how blunt the front bumper looked. I've been very happy with the end result and it has held up well.

I put together this graphic from Honda's press photos showing the change in the Ridgeline's front fascia over time. I find it interesting how a change in grille and rims can affect the Ridgeline's appearance.
Thx! I almost pulled the trigger on the Optional Grille, but at the end of the day I just wanted something that I wasn't likely to come across on the road. We have a few RLs w/ Optional Grilles around my neck of the woods.

I also contemplated on the brush guard, but for some reason I'm actually partial to the RL's snub nose.

Agree 100%, your grill looks great!
I was a little worried that it would end up looking like a circus clown, because the red badge is SOOOO big. But it doesn't look too shabby if I do say so my self.

The red badge is awesome - very nice! You can probably tell from my grille that I like having something unique, so it's nice to see someone else doing something different.

Flymo

Yes, yours is pretty awesome, I must say! I'd like to see some pics with the lights on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts