Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their side topper window with a custom pet barrier? We do a lot of camping and the topper creates a perfect place for our dogs while traveling. However, the size of the air vent is so small that we put the rear glass up and put up a pet barrier against the tailgate. I'm thinking of removing the windows, cutting down a pet barrier to a custom fit and then adding brackets so I can easily remove the barrier and replace the glass.

Anyone play around with their topper?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Has anyone replaced their side topper window with a custom pet barrier? We do a lot of camping and the topper creates a perfect place for our dogs while traveling. However, the size of the air vent is so small that we put the rear glass up and put up a pet barrier against the tailgate. I'm thinking of removing the windows, cutting down a pet barrier to a custom fit and then adding brackets so I can easily remove the barrier and replace the glass.

Anyone play around with their topper?
Not all that familiar with the specific vent used in your topper but... you might consider taking a page from the travel trailer/motorhome world and install a variable roof vent. You'll definitely move some air in that space, remain weather tight and not have to hassle with window removal/installation.

Just a thought...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts