Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Mojave Road? Anybody driven it?

6K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  ELLS 
#1 ·
I'm headed down to the Mojave National Preserve next month, and am thinking about driving the Mojave Road from Zzyzx eastward. I've not been able to find a definitive report about the road to determine just how tough it is. Can anyone offer a firsthand report? Anyone taken their Ridge on it?

TIA. :)

Bruce

#2 ·
No problem. I took a toyota camry down that. It just took some good driving skill, and trottle control. Now, I am a better offroad driver than most on here(if not all). Pick good lines, and a main thing to remember is if your coming over a big rock with one wheel. Go real slow over it, cause when you come down the other side, you will boune, and smash on the rock. How experienced are you at driving offroad?

#3 ·
I sense a followup thread that tells us what a bad offroad vehicle the Ridgeline is... :eek:
Good luck Bruce... have a blast! :D
And take lots of pictures!!!

#8 ·
The buddy I'm going with and I used to head out cross country across the desert in his stock '68 Dodge Superbee. This of course was way back when, before I "grew up"? :) and had the sense to worry about things like getting stuck. :(

I'm confident the RL will handle it just fine.

#17 · (Edited)
And remember, i said better than most(if not all) because i wasn't sure of some of the peoples skill on here.You may very well be better at rock crawling than me, but lets take it to the 1000, and see who takes the gold. Huh, buddy?:D
Mr. Modest, ain't yah?

My Daddy taught me a simple philosophy in life. "Son, if you're going to walk around talking about your big stick, you better have it with you all the damn time." If you're going to put 'em up, ALWAYS be prepared to be shut up. Simple as that.

As for Ridgeline capabilities, I bought it for the occasional off-roading I do without a full 4WD system. I didn't need it, but wanted it. Had I needed it, I would not have gotten my Ridgeline but a Jeep Wrangler or similar. As for Mojave road it sounds like "fun" when I'm around those parts.

#15 ·
Im actually considering it, I could do all of the fab work myself(i think) And put in some racing show, and so MT's, and it will be god to go, and gay as hell. The nice thing, is that its old(2000), and never driven, so I could fvck it up, and it wouldnt affect me, but it could be quite amazing to see what could result from this.

#16 ·
Bruce you will be just fine taking the Ridge on MR...I've done it in a 4x4 Tacoma and have seen guys with Pre-runner(non 4x4) Tacoma's do it with no problem.
Use your head, air down the tires and have fun...Let someone know what route you are taking and when you'll be home if you are traveling the road solo...

#19 ·
Anybody run the Mojave Road recently? Saw a YouTube from about a week ago in which Tacomas were getting water inside on the carpet during the water crossing. Water could be a little lower by the time I get there, or not. Can you go around the water crossing if needed?

#20 ·
Better take your Camry. I did parts of the Mojave road but a stock Ridgeline simply doesn’t have the ground clearance for the road in its current state. However, there are tons of nearby dirt roads in better condition and some great places to camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.