Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was out in Mojave Desert, CA and had the pleasure of a little dirt and sand...along with the dry salt flats. Well what can I tell you…?

The departure and approach angles are OK for most for the trails and dirt roads but the ground clearance leaves a little to be desired. This is to be expected and as we know very few actually take them off road. Drive on the top/crests of the ruts and keep in mind that the clearance is only 8 inches.

The traction from the 4wd was very good. The Ridgeline climbed fairly steep dirt and gravel short hills (climbing out of the sandy washes) with no slipping. Going over the sandy washes was not a problem. I did not need to hit the dash button and was very pleased with the traction.

As we know the frame is stiff and on more than one occasion one wheel was off of the ground. This was not a problem because of the 4wd.

On the way out of the desert I had a load in the bed that weighed 1200 lbs and the truck was able to handle the undulating freeway hills at 65-75 without the engine going over 3800 rpm. Handling was fine with the load but I would not want to carry any more weight in the bed.

Overall a very satisfied customer.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the 'real world' feedback. I think we all know that the Ridgeline is not going to be a hard core rock crawler. Maybe there will be some aftermarket 3" or 4" lift kits available soon that will solve the ground clearance issue. I guess some skid plates would be nice as well. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice post, still trying to talk my wife into driving the Ridge from my home to Sacramento for Conference in October. I'd love to do some off-roading on the way (guess I can dream). :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
hagerswami said:
Nice post, still trying to talk my wife into driving the Ridge from my home to Sacramento for Conference in October. I'd love to do some off-roading on the way (guess I can dream). :)
Might I suggest "alcohol". Drink to excess and all your off-roading dreams will come true.

Disclaimer...My post was written in jest. Drinking and Driving is suicidal AND illegal. BamaRidge does not endorse nor condone drinking and driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts