Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a moonroof deflector for my '19 RTL-E to cut down on the noise at highway speeds. Comparing Honda OEM unit versus WeatherTech's...with a $50 difference I have some questions...

1) Honda unit appears to have 4 fasteners (1 at each corner + 2 additional within the leading edge space between the corners) and costs about $109 online; the WeatherTech unit has only 1 fastener at the corners and costs $59.95. Are 4 fasteners really better/necessary to prevent any vibration/rattling compared with only 2 of WeatherTech's?
2) Are there significant differences in material and construction quality?
3) Is there a significant difference in the length of the deflector (i.e., does one cover that much more of the actual roof opening?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
This is but one discussion that convinced us not to install a sunroof visor:
Bill

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one and love it. I take it off for winter as I have with my other vehicles to mitigate dirt build up, paint damage, etc. In February I drove to FL without it on from WI; I wished I had put it back on before the trip, as we rarely opened the roof because it is so noisy without it. I have it back on and now drive with the roof open more than not. The noise level really isn't different if the moon roof is open or shut.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just purchased and installed the Weathertech on my 2019. I debated for several weeks after reading posts from G1 and G2. I must say I love it!! It reduces the wind noise substancially while still allowing great air flow. I blocks some of the superbright sunlight. It fit well and was an easy install. At $60 it was half the price of OEM and didn't cost a crazy amount to ship. As far as appearence that is very personal. I like function and don't feel this detracts from my pearl Ridgy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts