Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took it in yesterday for the passenger side airbag recall, I noticed the moonroof making a slight grinding noise when moving into the upward vent position. I asked the service advisor if the rails require grease and he said they do. Today I put some lithium grease inside the part on each side that actually makes the roof go up and/or back (not the rails themselves since there doesn't seem to be a problem sliding forward and backward). I greased both sides pretty well but it didn't make a difference at all.

What the roof acts like is if you were to slide down a slide on your bare butt. You know how it causes friction which, in turn, causes you to kind of bounce down the slide and hurts like hell? I thought maybe the weather stripping was catching on the front of the roof so I used ArmourAll and cleaned all around it. Nothing.

It only does it when moving up and down in the vent position.

Any ideas? It's annoying as all get out.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Amazing, That no one has replied Dawg in nearly 20hrs.

I'm adding to this to bring your post back up on the New Posts Search.

Good Luck

I checked the SM, I'm not seeing anything that may help, here's the Trouble Shooting page

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, mak. I saw that when I was searching for a solution in another thread. I think Speed posted it a few years ago. I think I'm going to end up taking the glass out and cleaning everything really well and then spraying it all with silicone grease. Hopefully that'll take care of the problem. But it'll have to wait until after vacation. ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thanks, mak. I saw that when I was searching for a solution in another thread. I think Speed posted it a few years ago. I think I'm going to end up taking the glass out and cleaning everything really well and then spraying it all with silicone grease. Hopefully that'll take care of the problem. But it'll have to wait until after vacation. ;)
Hey RidgeDawg...if you need it I have complete shop manual for Moonroof, it's about 18 pages of info and how to take apart...have it in PDF form and could send to you...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey RidgeDawg...if you need it I have complete shop manual for Moonroof, it's about 18 pages of info and how to take apart...have it in PDF form and could send to you...
That would be awesome! Thanks! I'll pm you my email address.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to close this out, with no further intervention on my part it's working normally now. I'm not sure if the new grease I applied worked itself in or maybe it was a humidity issue but whatever the cause, it's cured.

Reactions: RTLGATOR
1 - 7 of 7 Posts