Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RL has developed a rattle coming from the moonroof. It rattles whether the sun shield is open or closed, whether the moonroof is open or closed, or if it is partially open. It even rattles when in the popped up ventilation mode.

Basically, it now rattles all the time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I had a rattle for a while but after reading posts about rattles from the sun visors I pushed and pulled (left and right) on the visors and the rattle has stopped. I thought it was coming from the area around the map lights and the homelink buttons or from the wind deflector for the sunroof. It must have been the same rattle that others complained about from the visor since all is quiet now. Search "rattle' or Visor" for more info or just tug on 'em left and right a bit. Maybe you will get lucky like I did.

·
Registered
69 Posts
over 10,000 on my RTL, and I am hearing a rattle in my sunroof as well (open or closed). I am sure that it is not the sun visors.

I don't know what to do here.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Is the visor pulled tight all the way? I know my 98 integra will rattle if I don't. If that's not the issue, take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not the visors

The rattle is DEFINITELY coming from the moonroof. It is not coming from the visors.

I recall my '96 Accord EX had the same problem for a while, stumps me that I can't remember what the fix was...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just thought I might bump this back up to the top to see if anyone else besides myself and Chicago is having this problem.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just in the last couple days I developed a moonroof rattle. I hear it only when the roof is closed, but the cover is back. If the roof is closed and the cover is closed, it's quiet. If the roof is open, either partially or completely, it's quiet.
Will be sharing this with the service manager when I take the truckling in for the rattling/creaking glove box....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the rattle on my CR-V. It was actually the panel that pulls over the moonroof (if you don't want the sun coming in). If I pushed up on it (with the moonroof open or closed) the noise would stop. The dealership was stumped. They ended up taking out the trim and putting it back together. I have yet to hear the rattle again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the post Gretchen. It's my intention to mention this to my service writer when I take my Ridge in for its first service.

You won't be disappointed with the Ridgeline. I had a '97 CR-V up until 2002 when I bought a Tahoe. So glad to have a Honda in the family again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
EBone said:
I just thought I might bump this back up to the top to see if anyone else besides myself and Chicago is having this problem.
I had a rattle coming from the moonroof as well. Turns out one of the clips holding the roof panel in popped out. A firm pound with the butt of my hand and it snapped back in. No more noises or rattles.... :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Molsonman said:
I had a rattle coming from the moonroof as well. Turns out one of the clips holding the roof panel in popped out. A firm pound with the butt of my hand and it snapped back in. No more noises or rattles.... :D
Sweet, the ol' "hit it hard to fix it" remedy. I do the same with computers. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey "THE YOUNGIN"

You wrote:

"had a rattle coming from the moonroof as well. Turns out one of the clips holding the roof panel in popped out. A firm pound with the butt of my hand and it snapped back in. No more noises or rattles...."

Where are the clips located? I have a rattle coming from the moonroof area and would like to try your solution...

Thanks!

Kantook

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had a rattle and took it to the dealer, the guy said it was the header? I think, I was skeptical, he fixed it in about 5 minutes and we test drove it and the sounds of silence once again...
that was 3 weeks ago and I it hasn't come back:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts