1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

It's been a while!

I'm panicking tonight.

I've searched the forum, and the web. Can'd find anything specific to Ridgeline.

8:30 pm here on the East Coast.

Anyone have any knowledge or resources they could refer me to about getting a moonroof manually closed or resetting or fixing it?

Symptoms:
It opened just fine. To open it, I used the bottom button where it "fully" opens, not the middle button where it just angles upward.

So I got home, and it's fully open now, and won't budge / close. No noise when I hit the close button, but makes a humming like you expect when I try to open it past fully open.

But I need it to close!

Anyone?

Thanks,
Sean
Boston
:act060:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Check fuse box/panel... ,refer to manual . ..Or i hate to say it ....Call Honda . Good luck .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

I've checked the fuse, which I doubted as the cause because the moonroof motor DOES make noise when I hit the open button. Manual say it's fuse number 11 in the secondary under-hood fuse box. I checked and it's fine.

Anyone ever had this with theirs? Other mfr's seem to sometimes have a gear you can turn manually to get it to close. Nothing like that is evident on the headliner.

I tried pushing up on it and also just trying to drag it closed. Not budging AT ALL.

As far as calling Honda, do they have a 1-800 support number? It's 9:15 pm here in Eastern.

Anyone?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Suppose to be a 24/7 number

Phone Number: 800-999-1009
Talk to a Human: Press 0 at each prompt, ignoring messages.

good luck!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Not 24 hour. It closes at 5 pacific time, so 8pm here.
No rain in the forecast tonight. I'll have to surprise the dealer first thing.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
The FSM indicates there's a 5mm hex wrench to manually move the moonroof. I don't see it described anywhere in the OM or the FSM, but just mentioned in the troubleshooting guide.

And I believe there are 2 fuses too:
underhood fuse relay box, fuse #4

aux underhood fuse box, fuse #11

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow Speedlever. EXCELLENT, complete, answer. Thank you.

I was able to come up with the likely diagnosis before hearing back from the dealer using one of your images, the one of the above cutaway view.

The motor would hum when I tried the open button. (=has electricity) But was silent when I tired to close. (=no electricity) Bad motor? Maybe, but another very likely culprit was in your image: the "close" relay.

And that was confirmed by the dealer.

And 387 of my wallet friends will be sorely missed.

I probably would have struggled with removing the headliner and then getting it back all nice nice. So I guess the cost could have been worse and this was probably better left to the pros.

Now today our 06 Civic Hybrid wouldn't start even after a jump. Had to be towed to the same dealer. Still won;t start after a new battery.

I'm taking donations.

Not havin a good Honda week, folks...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow Speedlever. EXCELLENT, complete, answer. Thank you.

I was able to come up with the likely diagnosis before hearing back from the dealer using one of your images, the one of the above cutaway view.

The motor would hum when I tried the open button. (=has electricity) But was silent when I tired to close. (=no electricity) Bad motor? Maybe, but another very likely culprit was in your image: the "close" relay.

And that was confirmed by the dealer.

And 387 of my wallet friends will be sorely missed.

I probably would have struggled with removing the headliner and then getting it back all nice nice. So I guess the cost could have been worse and this was probably better left to the pros.

Now today our 06 Civic Hybrid wouldn't start even after a jump. Had to be towed to the same dealer. Still won;t start after a new battery.

I'm taking donations.

Not havin a good Honda week, folks...
Feeling your pain --- please let us / me know the results of the Civic. Just curious... Mine is at he dealer right now waiting for diagnosis of IMA Light and Check engine light - IMA status has been jumping around so I'm pretty sure the batteries are junk.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feeling your pain --- please let us / me know the results of the Civic. Just curious... Mine is at he dealer right now waiting for diagnosis of IMA Light and Check engine light - IMA status has been jumping around so I'm pretty sure the batteries are junk.
As far as the Civic, after the new battery (regular battery, not the Hybrid battery) didn't fix it, it "needed" the MICU reprogrammed and when that still didn't fix it, the immobilizer needed to be reprogrammed. Annnnnd I handed over the same blue credit card, to the same guy, at the same Honda dealer.

:act002:

Thanks again everyone. Happy trails. And go Red Sox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts