Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on a deal for a 2019 RTL-E. So do I need the moonroof visor? I had one on my 2009 Ridgeline and thought it reduced the wind noise with the moonroof open. Is it needed for a gen 2 Ridgeline?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller...Bueller

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only time I slide my roof back is when I double tap the key fob to open all windows. I normally only lift the rear portion, that combined with the sliding rear window allows me to dial in just the right amount of air on those days that it's not super hot. If it's hot out then front windows and sliding rear or the A/C. I'm also not a big fan of all the additional sunlight that comes in when the cover is open, too much heat and glare.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No. It'll quiet it down a tiny bit, but it's not worth the down sides (messes up your paint, ugly as sin, and blocks half the sunroof opening). Open the sunroof all the way and crack open the rear slider. It'll be quieter that way than with a ridiculous piece of plastic who's only job is to cost money, ruin paint, block the opening and look stupid. :)

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
It may reduce the wind noise with the roof open, but it's butt-ugly, scratches the paint underneath over time, and traps dirt and debris under the visor. Need I say more?
No. It'll quiet it down a tiny bit, but it's not worth the down sides (messes up your paint, ugly as sin, and blocks half the sunroof opening). Open the sunroof all the way and crack open the rear slider. It'll be quieter that way than with a ridiculous piece of plastic who's only job is to cost money, ruin paint, block the opening and look stupid.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who dislikes moonroof/sunroof visors.

Reminds me of the bra and car cover craze of years ago. At no time in my life have I ever felt the urge to spend $300+ to strap a vinyl bra on the front of a vehicle to avoid a few bug splats while leaving permanent 'tan' lines on your paint and scratching the entire area under the bra. Ditto for most car covers. :)

I recommend removing a dealer installed moonroof visor asap. Mine was only on the vehicle for a couple of weeks before I bought it and there was already a lot of dirt and some light scratches under the rubber visor trim. The G2 moonroof visor also fits the Pilot, sell it on eBay. I got $60 for mine on eBay.

·
Vendor
231 Posts
Hi everyone,

You know, window visors, bug shields and sunroof deflectors are products that people eitheir love or hate. That's what I've learned from my experience.
I believe this article may be of interest for those, who consider purchasing a sunroof visor:
Sunroof Visors - Things to Know
Tastes differ, just wanted to share some information with you folks.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Don't get a visor. It can't stop the buffeting so you'll still need to crack another window. The rear slider is perfect for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts