Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

moonroof

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Dnick 
#1 ·
Quick Question,
Wanted to know if you could add a roofrack with a moonroof. I am pretty sure that the noise from the rack would be there but I want one for kayaks (and like the moonroof feature.)
The moonroof does allow me to look up and see how my cargo is handling the ride.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this????

Thanks!

#3 ·
I also have the rack and the moonroof. There is some amount of wind noise, but I don't know if it's the windshield, the rack, or normal for this truck. If you're worried about wind noise then don't get the rack. BTW if you set the rack rails at the factory recommended positions, you can't see them through the moonroof while driving. The front rail is behind the moonroof.

Incidentally, one of my roof rack mounting bracket covers blew off while I was "speed testing" my truck. It was dealer installed, so they will fix it. Make sure the covers are fully seated before exceeding the posted speed limit.

#4 ·

Were you able to put on the wind deflector with the racks?

BTW, I am purchasing in the coming weeks. I decided on:
RTL, Moon and Nav in Amazon Green. I love the leather with the trim. (I never get anything cool but this time I am going for it) and I am going to add the following:

Roofrack (as discussed)
Bed Extender (I wish they locked)
Running Boards (my wife wants them)
Tow Hitch

#5 ·
NJRidge said:

Were you able to put on the wind deflector with the racks?

BTW, I am purchasing in the coming weeks. I decided on:
RTL, Moon and Nav in Amazon Green. I love the leather with the trim. (I never get anything cool but this time I am going for it) and I am going to add the following:

Roofrack (as discussed)
Bed Extender (I wish they locked)
Running Boards (my wife wants them)
Tow Hitch
OUCH!!! now thats gonna be sharp!!! :cool:

#7 ·
Honda says don't add the moonroof wind deflector with the roof rack, as it will create excessive noise from turbulence. I don't have the deflector, and see no need for it.

That will be one sharp truck. Just do it. :)

#8 ·
I have an Amazon Green with the moonroof and the roof rack. There is some wind noise but nothing excessive.

I also have the running boards. You will like them alot. Don't forget the rear mud guards!

#9 ·
Thank you everyone. I will not get the wind deflector. I am pretty excited to be getting rid of my Grand Cherokee and getting into a more functional and more fun vehicle!

Oh yes, and I will get the mud gaurds and the cargo tray!
Again, thanks for being so helpful.

#10 ·
NJRidge -

You do know about H and A Accessories, right? They help sponser this website and you can purchase your accessories directly from them at a discount compared to getting them from the dealer.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/

You must be handy enough to install them yourself, however.

#11 ·
I will check them out if I don't roll the options into the payments (which I probably will.)

I will probably lease this one then buy the hybrid model in three years. I am not sure how the resale value of gas consuming cars will hold up over time.

After doing the math, it will only cost me an extra few dollars over time if I buy the vehicle after leasing. This will give me protection against decline in value (Hond shows a 21,500 residual) and protection in case I mess it up or if a cooler ridgeline or other vehicle comes out.

Then again, if I can work a deal I just may buy it outright.

I am looking at a 3,000 down, $393 a month for 36 months now. That would mean out of pocket $38,684 + $1280 tax on residual (but I bet I can buy it outright at the end for around $19500.)

I I finance the truck for 5 years at 5 %, it will cost me more!

Sorry, off topic! I will check H and A out.

#12 ·
There's no guarantee that there will be a hybrid model available in three years. Just do it.

#13 · (Edited)
NJRidge said:
If I finance the truck for 5 years at 5 %, it will cost me more!
If you have real estate, this would be the time to take out a home equity loan or refi your primary. Rates are very low, despite Allen Greenspan's machinations.

Also, if you can't envision owning a vehicle more than 3 years, doesn't that say something ? Not to mention being very expensive; oops I just did.
(Guess I'm playing the role of your father :eek:)

#14 ·
Yes, I will probably just buy it outright and then I will not have to worry if I add my own personal touch. The lease deal does make sense though.

I can envision three years from now me wanting something else.....wait, I envision that for next year too....sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. The worst thing that can happen is I have a cool three year old truck..right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.