Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Ok. The time is closing in for my GF and I. In a couple of weeks she will be coming into quite a bit of money from her fathers passing and we are going to buy a ridgeline. We have looked at the new dakota,jeep liberty,santa fe,and a few other truck/suv type of vehicles.All I can say is PLLLLLLLLAAAAHHHH. They just cant compare to the looks and ride of the new ridgeline. Keep in mind here im a dodge guy who has owned 5 dakotas in the past AND ILL BE DAMNED I HATE THE NEW DAKOTA. We have decided on the RTS with some aftermarket running boards that look like the dark grey ones at the dealership installed sometime later.I cant see paying 2000 bucks for them. Then we have to get a hitch installed for towing our Plymouth Duster and trailer to the track.The only thing we have not figured out yet IS WHAT COLOR TO GET!!!! We have narrowed it down to red or silver.....or blue.....or black...well you get the idea here. I know the green is out as well as the white. Well off to fantasize about future ridgeline adventures!!!!! -WM23N1 ;)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You know the same is true of the Green. It has a hot gold fleck in the sun and when its dirty it still looks good.

Plus there aren't that many vehicles with this shade of Green. Nothing against Black, White, and Silver.

You can't go wrong with any RL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually prefer the green or blue. She doesnt like green anything. The green has a greyish tint to it that I liked. Since she will be buying and driving it 99.9 percent of the time, its her call.-WM23N1 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
198 Posts
WM23N1 said:
: We have narrowed it down to red or silver.....or blue.....or black...well you get the idea here. I know the green is out as well as the white. Well off to fantasize about future ridgeline adventures!!!!! -WM23N1 ;)
Go with the RED. If I didn't already buy my Amazon Green that's the color I would have gone with.

The Amazon Greens DO have twenty extra horsepower though :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Our dealer had every color except blue. We went to another dealer just to see the blue and fell in love with it. It's much nicer than it looks in Honda's promotional material, which leaves it looking flat and gray.

The blue changes color and tone with the light and it's surroundings. We think it's the best, but color is a very personal like or dislike. As others have said, you cannot go wrong no matter what color you get. It's such an awesome truck. . .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Here are two more photos after we got the running boards and roof rack installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I agree. It frames the truck. The rear splash guards help too. I've got to get some pics with the bug guard now that we've added that.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't know Truckin that pic on the right makes your RL look like it wishes it were Green. :D

I know its already been mentioned but the Green ones have 20 extra horses under the hood. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What did it cost for the runnin' boards? Here at Mall of Ga Honda they have an extra 2000 bucks added on the window sticker for the running boards,splash guards,and wheel locks.I think thats about $1500 to much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know its already been mentioned but the Green ones have 20 extra horses under the hood. :cool:[/QUOTE]
They told me at the dealership the green ones were 4 cyl only and the blue ones had a hidden supercharger that gave it 100 extra HP. They also said the red RL had a 5.7 dodge hemi in it :confused: J/K J/K-WM23N1

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Bought my RTL at Mall of GA Sunday and noticed that about appearance group too. Pointed it out and managed to make an offer they couldn't refuse after shopping for over 2 months. That is half the fun. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Silver all the way! Less wind resistance, means better gas mileage than the others. Oh, and better looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
What did it cost for the runnin' boards? Here at Mall of Ga Honda they have an extra 2000 bucks added on the window sticker for the running boards,splash guards,and wheel locks.I think thats about $1500 to much.
Dealer here wanted $999 for the running boards, installed. H&A has the for less than $500 (I think), but they still have to be installed.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts