Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Joe,

Do you think we will not see the new RL in dealerships untill May 20th, as that is when the Honda Drive Experience is in Texas. Or will they arrive sooner? (crossing fingers its a yes)

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe,

Do you think we will not see the new RL in dealerships untill May 20th, as that is when the Honda Drive Experience is in Texas. Or will they arrive sooner? (crossing fingers its a yes)
I think some will arrive at dealers in May. They'll be pushing the RTL-E and Black Edition hard.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I think some will arrive at dealers in May. They'll be pushing the RTL-E and Black Edition hard.
Hoping they do not downgrade the RTL, if it has all the stuff that is on our 2014 Crosstour I will be happy with it. Going to downsize to one vehicle this year and hoping the 2017 RL RTL will fit the requirement.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Joe,

Do you think the first months production will only be RTL-e, which is equivalent to the Elite on the Pilot? There is far more market for a RTL as it fits more budgets. Unless the RL is quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent trim Pilot they wont sell a lot of RTL-e just like they don't sell a lot of Pilot elites.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe,

Do you think the first months production will only be RTL-e, which is equivalent to the Elite on the Pilot? There is far more market for a RTL as it fits more budgets. Unless the RL is quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent trim Pilot they wont sell a lot of RTL-e just like they don't sell a lot of Pilot elites.
I wouldn't put the RTL-E or Black Edition on par with the Pilot Elite. I'd put them more like a Pilot Touring minus the 9 speed transmission, idle stop, RES, or paddle shifters. The Ridgeline will get Android Auto / Apple CarPlay which is better than the Pilot system.

As for sales of the Pilot Elite... most dealers would LOVE to get more of them despite all the problems. It's pretty much a mess right now, but hopefully Honda will integrate some of the fixes in the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Not surprised. The first MY2006 to hit the dealers were pretty loaded.

Chip H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts