Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,897 Posts
Nice Document. Thanks ZQ8 for finding it and ljr for providing the link to it.

· Registered
9,975 Posts
If I was a Honda sales guy I would load this link on an I-Pad for a super sales tool. Great find great information.

· Registered
55 Posts
This is the presentation deck given in San Antonio by the various engineers. Javier Mota's YouTube Channel - Autos 0-60 - posted a number of videos of these various presentations (Thank you Javier!!)

You can find all the clips on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/autosjaviermota/featured

Here are a few direct links:

(2017 Honda Ridgeline presentation by Chief Engineer Kerry McClure)
(2017 Honda Ridgeline design presentation by Bill Kruse)

· Registered
4,166 Posts
If I was a Honda sales guy I would load this link on an I-Pad for a super sales tool. Great find great information.
I was thinking the exact same thing they should use this for sales.

· Registered
4,166 Posts
They show the 82 Quart cooler with wheels inside in-bed truck.
They also show Wendy's food bag on sliding center tray tech locker they call it in Pilot. This use to be our fat comfortable armrest spot:smile:

· Registered
9,975 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing they should use this for sales.
I sent this to my Honda dealership, doubt they will be interested as their head is usually in another place in their anatomy where it is very dark.

· Registered
692 Posts
funny thing is the 2 pics of the gen1 on page 2...

need a way to ditch the armrests on the seats asap...

we were choosing between the mdx and lexus rx and one of the things against the rx was those same armrests

Reactions: thearborbarber

· Registered
4,166 Posts
I've seen a handful of complete post regarding the fold-down armrest. I guess it's a different strokes thing because I think they're great.
I was 100% against the fold down armrest but have warmed to the them. Many always say the space is a Purse holder. But you can use it for fast food bag as shown Wendy's food bag. You can use it for eating or to store other things on top while driving. They got rid of the shelf over on passenger side. My concern was they will break get loose having had them in 1993 Dodge Caravan many years ago.

· Registered
427 Posts
I was 100% against the fold down armrest but have warmed to the them. Many always say the space is a Purse holder. But you can use it for fast food bag as shown Wendy's food bag. You can use it for eating or to store other things on top while driving. They got rid of the shelf over on passenger side. My concern was they will break get loose having had them in 1993 Dodge Caravan many years ago.
My 2006 Highlander has armrests similar to these. 150k miles and no issues, even with my father in law having the car for most of its life, and he isn't exactly a svelte individual.

· Premium Member
12 Posts
We actually love the way these armrests are. They are the same as the old CRV's. The wife loves them because they leave a large flat center area for her purse or any other items. I think they are great, like the above poster said, different strokes for different folks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.