Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

561 - 580 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loved my 2007 RTL....bought it new and ran it hard . Used it for my construction business and personal. Towed a lot with it. Passed it along in with 315,000 miles. Loving my 2017 RTL-T.... But 1st gen is still my favorite.

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline
21 Posts
Loved my 2007 RTL....bought it new and ran it hard . Used it for my construction business and personal. Towed a lot with it. Passed it along in with 315,000 miles. Loving my 2017 RTL-T.... But 1st gen is still my favorite.
That is a great first reply and you have set a high bar. Any tips beyond regular scheduled maintenance that got you to such high mileage? I have had several Honda’s over the years but have never made it to my goal of 300,000. 265,000 was my closest with a 2006 Odyssey.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It may be wishful thinking, but we currently have just short of 400,000 miles on our last "new" car, we are planning the same for it's replacement, the Ridgeline.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a great first reply and you have set a high bar. Any tips beyond regular scheduled maintenance that got you to such high mileage? I have had several Honda’s over the years but have never made it to my goal of 300,000. 265,000 was my closest with a 2006 Odyssey.
Just very lucky and a super well made vehicle. I didn't treat it nearly as nicely as I should have. I've owned many trucks and it was the star!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline
21 Posts
Thanks for posting this link. I was sure there must have been a thread like this but it did not show up with multiple search attempts. Thanks again.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not a lot of entries on this list. I would be interested to know who has the most miles on a non-rebuilt original engine. My 2007 Ridgeline is only at 193,000. I am sure there are many that have a lot more than that since my 2006 Odyssey died at 265,000 recently.
06 with 274K+

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Glad to help, but I realize I failed to actually answer your question. If you click on the names in that thread, you have the option of seeing their posts and can conclude about where they are, mileage-wise. I think the highest is the last name - sstrahley who was nearing 500k, and has likely crossed that by now.
Pretty amazing!

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,050 Posts
177,400 or so on my 07 right now. I drive very little and even less now with all of the Covid/unemployed stuff happening. Running like a top, but starting to show rust in spots that are a bit concerning. I'll likely keep her going for at least another 2-3 years. As I've said previously on here, there are certainly a handful of 400k+ mile owners that have chimed in on this forum and likely many others who aren't active here. There are several G1's on autotrader for sale right now with 250-300k miles on them and some will pop up every now and then with more than that. Amazing how these things just keep going.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2008 Ridgeline with 250,000 and going strong. I'm the second owner and replaced the timing belt / water pump at 180,000 miles. Also replaced the radiator as a precaution to avoid SMOD. Only slight rust on the radiator fittings.

Steady pull to the right that nobody has been able to diagnose. Alignment checks good at three different shops. I could use some help with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These posts are encouraging. What should I be watching out for? I just bought a very high miles 2017 even though I am an automotive idiot. My husband had been looking at the Ridgeline for years, but has a form of dementia and could not assist me in the decision. There were not many used 2017s available in our area, but I found one that was relatively affordable. At 90,000, what items should I be having checked?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
@MarLoe reports 505k miles this week.

·
Registered
2006, 230k mile, 2nd owner, steelblue ridge
14 Posts
238k on my 2006. Bought it from my brother in law with just under 100k on it, one if the first ones built in Canada he ordered it through the dealership when they first revealed them. Basic maintenance, timing belt etc. when MM calls for them. He did radiator preemptively when the stories of SMOD started. Very minimal rust underneath (surprisingly for a eastern PA vehicle). Biggest problem lately (not that there have been many) is a front rattle traced to a loose front heat shield on the front exhaust down pipe. Closest to the fans, trying to decide if I use a big SS hose clamp or JB weld until I get a new one and try to replace it without removing the exhaust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
411k on my 2006. I've probably had most major maintenance done on it (timing belt, water pump) twice. It still run pretty good. I'm starting to have an issue with power steering fluid leakage, but other than that she runs great. There's a little noticeable tapping from the engine. It probably needs a valve adjustment, but nothing earth-shattering.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
333,000 on my 08. Runs, drives and sounds just like the day I drove it off the showroom floor in 08. It's been t-boned by other at fault drivers within the last 2 years but other than long stints in the bodyshop and the timeout waiting for new Takata airbags, it has been flawless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
332k on my ‘06 Ridge. Second owner - original owner had all the service records and even the original window sticker. The best truck I have ever had!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Forgot to say, that I am the original owner with window sticker and service records that almost fill one drawer of my file cabinet. I have all my gasoline fillups recorded and have been on Fuelly for the last 290,000 miles. Mine just keeps getting better MPGs. by the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will start the bidding at 193,000 on my 2007. I am sure there are plenty with a lot higher than that since my 2006 Odyssey just died at 265,000. Original non-rebuilt engine mileage only please.
Ha! My '06 RTL has 238k, and shows no sign of slowing down!

·
Registered
2006, 230k mile, 2nd owner, steelblue ridge
14 Posts
These posts are encouraging. What should I be watching out for? I just bought a very high miles 2017 even though I am an automotive idiot. My husband had been looking at the Ridgeline for years, but has a form of dementia and could not assist me in the decision. There were not many used 2017s available in our area, but I found one that was relatively affordable. At 90,000, what items should I be having checked?
Recommended to do timing belt (water pump and etc while that end of the engine is open) and spark plugs at 100,000 miles. Brake fluid should be replaced every 3 years since it absorbs moisture. Next major items aren't until 150k; transmission and rear differential fluid. G1 ridgelines are great trucks, just stay on top of the regularly scheduled maintenance according to the maintenance minder.

561 - 580 of 588 Posts