Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

581 - 588 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I only have 199,500 on my 2006 Ridgeline. Looks like I got a ways to go to catch up. Not getting too many miles working out of the house the last 7 months. Most of the maintenance myself with exception of timing belt. Going to keep it forever. Did make a 600 mile one day run a couple of weeks ago and turned 20.1 MPG at a solid 70+.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2006 RTL with 216K miles. I've done my own maintenance, changing the oil/filter every 5K miles, the other fluids about every 30K to 40K miles, the original radiator before SMOD happens. I'm going to change the timing belt for the 2nd time soon. The only issue I have right now is the transmission has a whine noise at Interstate speeds, at least I think it is the transmission.

Have any of you high mileage guys had to change your starter? I'm wondering if I am riding on borrowed time and should change it before it leaves me stranded or if these things are good to 300K without worries.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for the Info. When did your alternator go and did you get a warning light or did the battery just go dead?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Still starting every time with the OEM starter at 333,000 miles. I am on my second alternator.
My alternator went out as I started it. It would not shift correctly and lots of warning lights. Was able to "limp" to a nearby Honda dealer in about 10 minutes. They were quick to replace it and said that the alternator took out my 5 year old battery too. That was a few years back and I have not had an issue since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gave my 2012 a little TLC last month by replacing all 4 shock/struts (myself), then having it aligned. Still a few miles shy of 100K, but the rt rear shock was leaking--BIG difference in handling and tracking. So--feeling good about it, I went back to the same independent shop and had them do the 100k. Timing belt, tensioners, water pump, plugs , transmission service and install my radiator that I never got around to doing myself. Total--$1300. A keeper!
DSC_1722.JPG

581 - 588 of 588 Posts