Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Most miles

151K views 594 replies 236 participants last post by  smufguy 
#1 ·
I just turned 17,000 miles. Purchased in May 2005. How many have more?

#3 ·
bliss53 said:
I just turned 17,000 miles. Purchased in May 2005. How many have more?
Wow Pete, that's a lot of miles! Your daughter driving the miles up? I've only got 5000. But now, it's parked most of the time, and racking up miles on my new Honda Metro.

#11 ·
8,325 miles on Bling-Bling bought April 23rd. Putting more miles on my Cooper S now though with the gasoline prices going through the roof.

#12 ·
4435 miles, bought in July. put most of them on in the first month, slowed down tremendously due to, what else, gas prices. Take the Accord most places. We are on a list to get the 06 Civic Hybrid when it comes in. Hubby drives 30+ miles each way to Mankato and it will help tremendously with gas.

#14 ·
I have about 4600 miles on mine and got it in late June. If it wasn't for the 3400 miles I put on to go to Florida and the 600 miles I put on to go to Maine, I would only have 1000 miles on it today. This is only the third time in 16 years of owning cars that I have put about 3000 miles on for a vacation. I will definitely not get the low mileage credit this year unless I really reduce mileage for the next 9 months. I generally do about 14k miles a year combined between our two cars.

#15 ·
Lets see - bought it late June, test drove it with 5 miles on it. Went home in old vehicle while they prepped it, went on a trip for a week, got back & picked it up approx June 29 - went on vacation June 30 (drove it to the airport - parked very carefully!) got home 1.5 weeks later - now have 6,200 miles on it. Daily driver, 55 miles round trip. Yep. Gas is killing me - but SWMBO won't let me drive the Miata (her toy!) even though she only has 8 miles round trip.

I expect within 2 yrs I'll be at 40-50K on it - and still lovin' every mile I drive in it!

-ridgeln

#17 ·
ridgeline5 said:
WOW!!! i dont feel so bad anymore... purchased late May, and have about 11200 miles...
Purchased in mid- June. Only have about 1300 miles to date. Will put about 700 on Ridgeline this weekend. Tend to drive my Prelude which gets great gas mileage.

#19 ·
Bought August 12 and have 600 miles. That came in very handy the other day when I was going a tad fast in the 30mph zone and got pulled over. Told the officer it was a brand new truck and I hadn't really got the feel for it yet!! He looked and saw only 600 miles and just gave me a warning. What really happened was that I was trying to get my daughter to preschool on time after a morning of running errands. Not used to having munchkins who have a schedule to keep yet. :rolleyes:

#22 ·
Since I retired in 1995 I have put an average of 10K per year on my trucks. I bought my Ridgeline on May 14 and I have 4,070 miles as of todady. So it looks like my 10K a year will extend to the Ridgeline as well. BTW, my OLM was 50% at 4,000 miles because I checked. I looked again today and it showed 40% so at some point in the last 70 miles it changed. Is this about what others have found?

#24 ·
BTW, my OLM was 50% at 4,000 miles because I checked. I looked again today and it showed 40% so at some point in the last 70 miles it changed. Is this about what others have found?
I have 4,818 miles and my oil life is at 20%, but about half of that has been towing in excess of 3,000 lb. I think that shows that the computer is doing it's job of taking driving conditions such as load into account on calculating service intervals.

#25 ·
I agree with the variation in driving styles moving the maintenance meter accordingly. I thought the % was never going to move as it stayed at 90% for first 1500 miles, but I was babying the RL. I took a vacation with much higher highway speeds and within 500 miles it went to 70%. Now at 50% at 2900 miles. I am going in at 5000, regardless of the monitor (unless it hits 10%) to switch to Mobil One and a high quality filter. After this 1st change, I will listen to monitor as a guide, but never exceed 6000 in between changes. There are hundreds of comments about oil change intervals in this forum in various threads and it can get dizzying trying to form an opinion after listening to so many obviously well informed and experienced members, but this to me seems like a logical approach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.