Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Honda Ridgeline.

My blower on my truck is not blowing any air out at all. Not on A/C or heater. Is it the blower motor?:act024: Fuse looks good still. Help me please! Do not want to pay a mechanic or the dealership if I can do it myself.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Did you check with the dealer to see if the recall was performed on this car? I belie there are some service bulletins on HVAC blower failure.

I would see how far the dealer will cover the issue as a first step before buying any parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I did a little bit of research I seen the recall was on 06 and 07. I will call and check though!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it in 2009 from the original owner with 6,000 miles on it.. So I doubt there was any work done on the vehicle before I bought it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The recall did not include 08 models. When my 08 blower went out it proved to be a melted connection under the dash. If you do a search through the posts using "blower" and other similar items you will find many folks with a similar problem.
I reported mine to the the NTSB as a potential fire hazard. A couple of folks have been able to get Honda to pay for the repair.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The recall did not include 08 models. When my 08 blower went out it proved to be a melted connection under the dash. If you do a search through the posts using "blower" and other similar items you will find many folks with a similar problem.
I reported mine to the the NTSB as a potential fire hazard. A couple of folks have been able to get Honda to pay for the repair.
My motor failed last spring. I replaced it with a 4-Seasons blower from www.rockauto.com.

Once it started working again, after a few weeks, I had intermittent issues. I need to disassemble the dash to check for the melted wire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My motor failed last spring. I replaced it with a 4-Seasons blower from www.rockauto.com.

Once it started working again, after a few weeks, I had intermittent issues. I need to disassemble the dash to check for the melted wire.
If interested? Honda recall number is R27. It deals with issues for connector terminal overheating. Recalled 2006 and 2007 Ridgelines are based on manufacture between 01/17/05 through 06/07/06.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,711 Posts
If interested? Honda recall number is R27. It deals with issues for connector terminal overheating. Recalled 2006 and 2007 Ridgelines are based on manufacture between 01/17/05 through 06/07/06.
Yep, my melted wiring was covered under my Honda Care warranty. No recall for us with 08's. The problem is that the 08's suffer the same problem.

I was told with the new wiring harness that I would never have this problem again. So far so good with about 80,000 miles since the new harness and motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts