Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put on my VCM Muzzler but I don't know how to get the motor cover off so I can get to the connector. I know I saw it somewhere here but can't find it. HELP

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
And once you've got it off successfully without losing the grommets...give it a little silicone lube at the grommets & studs as well...wouldn't hurt, might even makes things easier in the future. :wink: :smile:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,897 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I had a valve cover leak on my 2014 Accord 46 and when I got it back the cover was flopping around. They lost two of the grommets and actually sent it back to me like that. I just ordered some online and replaced myself. It is a crap design, those things fall off easily and aren't easy to find when they do.

I don't understand why anyone would need to muzzle VCM in this vehicle but to each his own I guess. I can't notice it at all in the RL compared to my Accord.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,344 Posts
I had a valve cover leak on my 2014 Accord 46 and when I got it back the cover was flopping around. They lost two of the grommets and actually sent it back to me like that. I just ordered some online and replaced myself. It is a crap design, those things fall off easily and aren't easy to find when they do.

I don't understand why anyone would need to muzzle VCM in this vehicle but to each his own I guess. I can't notice it at all in the RL compared to my Accord.
Most are worried about the long term effects of the VCM on the engine. Previous Honda vehicles with VCM (different engine / different VCM system) have had reliability issues stemming from the deactivation of cylinders . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to jump my wife's car yesterday and was surprised that the user manual instructions required the removal of three plastic components. Anyway, lost two of the grommets and predict i will lose more and probably some of the air intake fasteners in the future.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had to jump my wife's car yesterday and was surprised that the user manual instructions required the removal of three plastic components. Anyway, lost two of the grommets and predict i will lose more and probably some of the air intake fasteners in the future.
Just curious, but how did the battery die?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Her battery is in a van and turned out to have a bad cell.

Since my post I lost the other two grommets and cracked one of the grommet holders when trying to put the cover back on. Engine cover is sitting in my garage till I can take it to the dealer to fix. Seems like a bad design or the posts and grommets should have been lubed in the factory.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I second the "watch the grommets" comment. I installed my VCMuzzler II today and didn't notice that 3 of 4 grommets pulled out of the brackets. I went to put the cover back on and things didn't seem right - I looked at the back of the cover and the rubber grommets were missing - what????? I found 2 of 3 and can't understand how they pull out so easily considering how difficult they are to put back in!!! One is hanging around in the engine compartment somewhere and I'll keep an eye out for it - likely will order a new one at some point - very surprising though - would have paid more attention if I head read this thread first!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts