Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember a while back someone posted a thread about a greenish/yellowish looking fluid that had dripped in the snow underneath their parked truck. It looked a bit like conventional antifreeze which, of course, shouldn't be present in the Ridgeline. Someone eventually pointed out that one (or more?) of the motor mounts have a greenish hydraulic fluid in them and that a leaky engine mount was the likely culprit.

Well, I have recently noticed a couple of greenish/yellowish stains in the snow underneath my 06 Ridgeline. It has been too ugly out there to crawl underneath the truck so I figured I would ponder this a bit in front of the computer. Which mount(s) are fluid filled?

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
All vehicles leave this behind when when the underside drags in the snow, not positivley identified yet, but from the location of stains in snow( backing into unplowed snow) it appears to come off the exhaust system from mid to rear of the vehicle. Saw it all the time in my civic (dont need much snow to drag). Interestingly it only seems to happen with first heavy snows of the year, as though it's something that builds up all year then gets wiped clean. My guess is that its exhaust residue from weep holes in muffler. Having said that, if your stains are more of a drip from the motor area than a stain in deep snow, it may be more of a concern.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
It's more than likely your motor mount. I know the passenger side has fluid, mine leaked out. The positive is it want leak long because there's not a lot of fluid in it.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I think it is the side(s). I know my front one that was replaced was not, or at least was not leaking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I remember a while back someone posted a thread about a greenish/yellowish looking fluid that had dripped in the snow underneath their parked truck. It looked a bit like conventional antifreeze which, of course, shouldn't be present in the Ridgeline. Someone eventually pointed out that one (or more?) of the motor mounts have a greenish hydraulic fluid in them and that a leaky engine mount was the likely culprit.

Well, I have recently noticed a couple of greenish/yellowish stains in the snow underneath my 06 Ridgeline. It has been too ugly out there to crawl underneath the truck so I figured I would ponder this a bit in front of the computer. Which mount(s) are fluid filled?

Thanks!
I did a search of the motor mounts and found the only one hydraulic filled was the front mount. If it is leaking you can purchase a solid one to replace the OEM hydraulic filled mount.

If you believe the motor mount is leaking? The front motor mount is lower and in front of the engine. You may be able to open the hood and look below to see if there is the fluid on it without having to crawl under the Ridgeline.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
A leak is a sure sign of an engine mount issue, but it is not the only symptom. It can be bad and not leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts