Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I drove from the western upstate of South Carolina, to the North Carolina mountains, then west into Tennessee, then north from Knoxville into Kentucky (final destination was Paris, KY to check on my elderly parents).

Here are some shots I snapped from the drivers seat while in route (keeping my eyes on the road, of course;) ). The colors are definitely past their peak, but I like the muted reds, browns, and yellows..... definitely the look of fall giving way to winter!
Web Fall Mountains 1.jpg

Web Fall Mountains 4.jpg

Web Fall Mountains 6.jpg

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Beautiful! Your pictures look just like Pennsylvania did on the way to the ROC @ the ROC in Cleveland a few weeks ago, maybe with a little bit more color. It gradually darkened to look just like your pictures until high winds last week took most of the remaining leaves off of the trees. Suddenly it looks like winter is here, less the snow - so far. The fall in PA is my favorite time of the year. And for those that hate the snow, I live here on purpose and love the change of seasons. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Beautiful! Suddenly it looks like winter is here, less the snow - so far. The fall in Ohio is my favorite time of the year. And for those that hate the snow, I live here on purpose and love the change of seasons. :)
Ditto!! :D :) :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great pictures Bassbud, By chance is the third picture the Peter Guice Bridge on Rt.26 heading up to Asheville? Im guessing it is because I happen to have a home down there. What a small world. Great place where you come from. Peter

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Very sharp. It's a beautiful time of year, unless, of course, the rain and cold hangs around like it's doing here in Illinois. It's getting nasty outside.

I love the fall though. Thanks for sharing those pics.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice pictures, you know it would be cool if we had an extra steering wheel button we could hit to trigger a picture taken from the center of the dash. Then you could show it quickly in preview mode on the Nav if you had it. It would allow you to keep both hands on the wheel and all ;). I let my wife take pictures while I drive or the other way around.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hey, Great photos! and nice seasonal colors too.

·
Registered
668 Posts
captmiddy said:
Nice pictures, you know it would be cool if we had an extra steering wheel button we could hit to trigger a picture taken from the center of the dash. Then you could show it quickly in preview mode on the Nav if you had it. It would allow you to keep both hands on the wheel and all ;). I let my wife take pictures while I drive or the other way around.
better yet, why not a camera right in the front grill? that would be cool, no window in the way!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your photos are terrific. We were visiting our daughter at college this weekend and decided to drive back down a section of the Skyline Drive north of Charlottesville, VA. It was so great out there. Living in the flatlands of eastern VA, it sure makes you appreciate the beauty of the mountains.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
VaVet96 said:
Your photos are terrific. We were visiting our daughter at college this weekend and decided to drive back down a section of the Skyline Drive north of Charlottesville, VA. It was so great out there. Living in the flatlands of eastern VA, it sure makes you appreciate the beauty of the mountains.
The photo is nice, and with a Red Ridgeline even ;). However, I don't think I could ever get out of the truck there, and I don't know if I could even handle driving. I am one of those people who doesn't handle heights well. I can fly just fine as long as I don't spend a lot of time looking down.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice pictures. Everything is so flat and green here in southern portion of Florida. The change of seasons is much more subtle here.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The dropoffs are a bit intimidating. My 13 year old son and I walked about a mile along the Appalachian Trail Sunday. It was amazing scenery. The trail is about 18" wide there and literally cut into the side of the mountain. Some folks walk the entire 2100 miles in a summer from Georgia to Maine. I think I'll be content to admire them :)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Great fall photos!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fatboy said:
I love this time of year... Bring on the SNOW!!!!:D
I'm ready too! And we may get it -- Here in northern KY visiting my folks: It was 71 degrees yesterday afternoon. Right now it's 38 and the temp is falling. Low tomorrow night will be about 22 degrees.... I'll be heading back to SC before the snow falls, though:rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
brrrr in Louisville too. I just hope no more storms. We got hit by lightning on Monday evening and I'm still trying to figure out what got zapped.

RidgeInTheVille

1 - 18 of 18 Posts