Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the aux port on the dash is a male connector. I have a Dell Digital Juke Box which I would love to hook into the system and I know it has the capability to so, just don't know what kind of patch cord to use.

Can I get it at Radio Shack, Best Buy or something or is it a Honda item??

Thanks for any tips

·
Registered
72 Posts
The patch cord required is a "mini-jack" to "mini-jack". Should be able to purchase just about anywhere. I had a custom one made up for me that is only six inches long, that way there is no tangle of excess cord. Usually these cords are three fet or longer when purchased at a "big box" store. Try Radio Shack as well.
You would plug one end into the dash and the other into your headphone jack.

Works great, when I A/B against CD's, I cannot tell the differeance!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I got one at Radio Shack that is about 18" long for a few dollars (less than $5, if I remember right).

That same day I went to Comp USA and bought an Altec Lansing InMotion portable player for my iPod and lo and behold it had a 5" white double mini jack patch cord that is perfect for the AUX plug and iPod sized tray. Of course that unit was about $130, so it's impracticle to buy one for the cord. However, if you know anyone that has one, if they have a later gen iPod, they don't need that cord to connect.

Someone must be selling short patch cords.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK< thanks for that tip. I'll make a stop at RS and get what I need

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you saying the MP3 player has it's own Aux input plug? Or are you referring to the aux input for the Nav?

·
Registered
98 Posts
They're referring to the Aux input jack on the Nav RTL. You can plug any audio device in there. MP3 player, laptop, 8-track...

Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a new owner of an RT and I want to plug the Ipod in to the (I know) low end stereo. Is the aux input just tucked away behind the dash without the proper plug on the end? Or does this stereo not have any means of aux input. I'm a former stereo installer so I can probably figure it out , but I don't want to go searching for something that's not there. If I can do this, all I will need to do later is to upgrade speakers and power and I'll be jammin at a fraction of the cost of the so called upgraded stereo. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
depends on the model you have, if you got the NAVI then it will have a little flip up door on the dash about the glove box that says 'aux', MP3 players plug right in. Plus you'll note an 'aux' button on your audio system. If it is not a model with that then you might have to use soem of the that stereo install expirence you have.

good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
So what did you find out on this?
I have a non-nav model, but want to plug my Ipod in without a tuner/transmitter setup...
Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've got the NAVI with the plug already there and all I did was go to RS and get a double male end (9 pin I think it was called) cable, works great.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Radio shack MP3 connector cable for $5.
Just explain to them what it's for and they'll find it for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts