Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,264 Posts
Took my RTL-E on its first road trip. 110 miles split evenly between highway (55-70) and rural (40-50). Maybe 10 miles in stop n go traffic. A/C on. Avg 24.2 MPG.
The onboard
the display is usually off by a couple. I live on long island and the speed limit is 55. Although most people are going faster, I would like to get a mpg reading from someone actually doing 55. MPG's really drop after that speed and most of my daily driving is 50 or under.

· Premium Member
7 Posts
I'm jealous...I've got about 100 miles on my RTL-E and I'm only showing an average MPG of 16.8. I'm beginning to think something is miscalibrated. Granted, it's been mostly city (20-35mph) but I was expecting a little better than this.

· Registered
2,264 Posts
I'm jealous...I've got about 100 miles on my RTL-E and I'm only showing an average MPG of 16.8. I'm beginning to think something is miscalibrated. Granted, it's been mostly city (20-35mph) but I was expecting a little better than this.
I bet 95% is local. 100 miles! %80 of the gas burning is starting it up and drooling over all the gadgets! :grin:

· Registered
27 Posts
I think I may feel the same way as you if the MPG numbers I got today (first day driving it) keep up! 2020 RTL Silver and grey. So far I LOVE the vehicle but its smarter than I am, I think.and I have two degrees! Its gonna take me a while to figure out all these lights, bells, whistles and doo-dads~!

· Registered
505 Posts
I did a trip in my brand spankin' new RTL-E this week. About 1 tank worth there and 1 tank worth back. Averaged (by Fuelly / actually calculating mileage and fuel used) 20MPG going down and about 18.6 coming back. I had a headwind both ways. Figures that always happens to me. It was mostly highway/freeway at around 75MPH both ways, tho, so I didn't expect the spectacular.

The truck is now 2 weeks old and I had 1075 miles on it this evening. I normally expect I won't see the best gas mileage in a new vehicle in the first 5-10k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.