Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a trip from Rochester NY to Baltimore, then on to Richmond VA then back to Rochester, total miles nearly 1400. Much of this trip - which we have been taking for a number of years now - is thru the mountains in PA on 2-lane Rt. 15. Less than half of total miles is interstate, and some of that is that awful I-95 traffic.

Tank mpg varied over the course of the trip, from about 21.5 for the first tank to about 24.6 for the last one. We did not use cruise much because of the roads and traffic. We were usually doing a few mph above posted speeds. This is a brand new RTS and just turned about 2000 miles.

Some other posters have mentioned that mpg seems to gradually rise over time and that has certainly been our experience.

This is a really nice road vehicle and a major improvement over our previous vehicles, a 2003 S10 (21 mpg highway) and a 2006 Suzuki SX4 (which got 33+ mpg highway but was pretty rough around the edges compared to the Ridge).

We're very happy with the Ridge and look forward to even better mpg as it gets broken in. The instantaneous mpg readout is a great feature and keeps us focused on getting better mileage. I think with a little practice we can average 25+ on the highway.

Mike Doolin
2009 RTS, Red, bone stock.
Rochester NY

·
Registered
632 Posts
That sounds like great mileage to me. My 09 is getting pi$$ poor mileage. My 07 got much better.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That sounds like great mileage to me. My 09 is getting pi$$ poor mileage. My 07 got much better.
That sucks. My friends 07 ridge gets worse than my 09. I drove his for about a month before considering one. I only averaged 17.5 with his and most of my miles are hyw. I now have an 09 I bought in Feb with 12000 miles on it now and I am averaging 20.5 mix mostly hyw. If the wind is not blowing hard and is normal I can get 24 on the hyw at 70 mpg. This is with regular 87 gas. I was so happy to see my mpg at this level. I hope yours gets better. I know around town in constant trqaffic lights I only get about 17.

·
Registered
632 Posts
That sucks. My friends 07 ridge gets worse than my 09. I drove his for about a month before considering one. I only averaged 17.5 with his and most of my miles are hyw. I now have an 09 I bought in Feb with 12000 miles on it now and I am averaging 20.5 mix mostly hyw. If the wind is not blowing hard and is normal I can get 24 on the hyw at 70 mpg. This is with regular 87 gas. I was so happy to see my mpg at this level. I hope yours gets better. I know around town in constant trqaffic lights I only get about 17.
I only have about 2500 miles. It has incrementally gone up in very small amounts, I hope in time it does really improve. My 07 got great mileage from day 1. Maybe the key is yours is broken in and mine isn't (I hope).

·
Registered
888 Posts
I just returned from a trip, Myrtle Beach, SC to Maryland. Cruise set at 70, two people and a dog, trunk full of luggage and excess stuff in a soft roof top carrier in the bed. Average MPG was 22.8. Just turned 10,000 miles. My '07 never got better than 19 on this same trip.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have a 07 RT. My avg. at the pump is 15mpg's. not good. I drive about 50/50 city/hwy
what could it be? Any ideas anyone? I have K&N cold air which I got right when i got my RL, so no i never checkd stock MPG's. it passed SMOG.
my oil is fine. engine temp is normal, tires are at 35, not 32. WTF?

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
My 02/2006 build RTL just averaged 22mpg from DFW, Texas to Denver, CO (70mph to 75mph the whole way where possible). I swear this is one of the best purchases I have ever made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts