Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hope not. A mid or full size vehicle claiming to be hybrid to get 2mpg (allegedly) better is not worth anything to me.
Well a hybrid with MUCH more low end torque and +5mpg increase would be very interesting to me. Not all hybrids are like the Prius.

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
I would expect a hybrid by 2019. If Honda is worth their salt, it will include an onboard "generator" that can be used at the worksite to power various tools, or at home during a power outage (they have something similar with their Clarity fuel cell in Japan).

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
Of course, they will probably introduce it as an Acura and tack an extra $20k to whichever equivalent Ridgeline model it's based on....

But if it gets "TRUE", SH-AWD, and extra Torque & 30 mpg + it may be worth it.

Better yet, the "new" NSX Hybrid system, I'd be scooping one up and heading to the local drag strip to take on some unsuspecting S-10's & F-150's. ;)

Reactions: Shineaholic

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I would expect a hybrid by 2019. If Honda is worth their salt, it will include an onboard "generator" that can be used at the worksite to power various tools, or at home during a power outage (they have something similar with their Clarity fuel cell in Japan).
ok now you got my attention. something equal to the Honda eu7000is BUT BUILT IN that will charge the HUGE LIPO battery while driving OR parked at a store, Home or work. Another brilliant idea Honda, you can have it but I want a free truck. I guess Longboat helped, he should get a free truck also... >:)

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
ok now you got my attention. something equal to the Honda eu7000is BUT BUILT IN that will charge the HUGE LIPO battery while driving OR parked at a store, Home or work. Another brilliant idea Honda, you can have it but I want a free truck. I guess Longboat helped, he should get a free truck also... >:)
Hey, I'd settle for a half-price truck! Or a demo/test model. My wife is an ace marketing exec... she can easily sell more Ridgelines than Honda can build....the catch is that she has to believe in the product, and in Honda's vision (which many of us fear has been quite out-of-focus).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's a thread I started a few years back:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/20-dear-honda-feedback-forum/42810-has-hybrid-3-5l-powertrain-been-discussed.html

I had that idea after trading my '06 RL in for a '05 Accord Hybrid. What made the original Accord Hybrid different was that it coupled the Honda IMA system with a v6 motor instead of the I4 and considered it a "performance hybrid." It was a beast!

PROS: better mpg, more torque

CONS: hybrid battery pack renders the value somewhat unstable on the used market due to the replacement cost versus "when will it die" issue

Still a very interesting idea to get the fuel economy and increased power targets that are needed by many. At least if it was offered as an option, it would allow only those who wanted it to get it without substantially increasing prices across the board since the IMA components already exist.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I would expect a hydrogen fuel cell before a hybrid in the Ridgeline.

("No" would be my guess wrt hybrid)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts