Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Mpg?

5K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  darrellg 
#1 ·
So I am at around 1800 miles and do 75-85% on the highway, speeds are around 65-70 mph in most cases. I am seeing 19.1 based on the factory trip computer.

What is everyone else seeing?

#4 · (Edited)
I'm at the numbers below but no road trips yet. 70% city/surburban driving to date...Trip computer is generally 0.7 mpg optimistic on city driving and a little over 1.0 mpg optimistic on the open road vs the actual calculated mileage like below:

#7 ·
About 22 MPG mostly highway and some city. No one Eco mode and rev mid to high at every opportunity to accelerate. Best I've seen is 24 on the digital display.

About 23-24 with no ethanol gas, but I don't bother because the less than 10% improvement isn't worth the additional cost (regular gas can be found for about $2, but ethanol free is 2.60-3).

22 MPG on regular is like 30 MPG on premium now a days due to cost difference. Most luxury cars use premium and get way less than 30, so getting 22 on regular for a big truck is actually really good.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm mostly highway/freeway with some traffic in an 2017 AWD model, running regular fuel, NOT ecomode. So far 1800 miles, only maybe a few hundred with a load in the bed, trip computer says 23.5mpg, hand calculation says 22.3mpg. Computer vs hand calculation has been about 1-1.5 optimistic on the computer side of things. I pulled off an atypical freeway trip between Seattle and Portland with a north wind and managed to get a hand calculated 26.5mpg going 65-75mph. Idling, city traffic, and speeding over 70mpg kills mileage. I'm happy nonetheless, my coupe weighs 1000 lbs less, requires premium, and averages about 21/22mpg doing the same type of driving style.

#15 ·
On my 1st Gen I think I averaged between 13 and 14 mpg. I was not impressed. My 3/4 T Cummins got 18! However, in the first 1000 miles / 2 days of my 2nd Gen, I'm getting 23.1. The highest tank I got was 26.1. Now granted, this was all highway miles (but I have a very heavy foot). Several times while passing semi's in Nevada, I was shocked to find I was kissing 100. You would never know it by the (lack of) noise or vibration.

#16 ·
From fuelly.com:

"Based on data from 109 vehicles, 2,202 fuel-ups and 623,944 miles of driving, the 2017 Honda Ridgeline gets a combined Avg MPG of 20.45 with a 0.13 MPG margin of error."

#17 ·
As of this morning, I have tracked 199,047 miles on Fuelly. Now, as you can see, I've got a Leer shell on top and carrying around about 800 pounds of "stuff". I will say that I think the old RTL is going to come all the way back up to an overall average of 17 mpg. Not sure why it's been getting a little better mpg the last 50,000 miles. Nothing really has changed.

#18 ·
Well (you know) you are doing better than the typical 08 RidgeLine owner:

Below posts are data results from fuelly.com:

"Based on data from 139 vehicles, 8,578 fuel-ups and 2,330,456 miles of driving, the 2008 Honda Ridgeline gets a combined Avg MPG of 16.85 with a 0.05 MPG margin of error."

and "Based on data from 156 vehicles, 3,342 fuel-ups and 956,750 miles of driving, the 2017 Honda Ridgeline gets a combined Avg MPG of 20.54 with a 0.11 MPG margin of error."

#20 ·
Wow...I am doing real well it looks like.

I drive mostly county roads, 55mph, and very few stops.

I currently have 22xx miles on it so it is still very new, not even the first oil change.

I also keep track of every fill up....date, price, miles driven, MPG the car thinks.

I have been hitting 25mpg pretty much from day 1, the current tank that is 3/4 full is at 26.6.

I am pretty happy with it, but then again I am not a kid or a lead foot.

#24 ·
I have had my '07 RTX for about a month. Primarily around town driving and the fuel mileage is about 14mpg. That is the only disappointment with the truck. Odometer is at about 78000 miles. The truck seems to run well, and I keep the bed empty. Is that gas mileage atypical? If it is, any suggestions? Thanks for your input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.