• 22 highway

Votes: 12 13.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member posting on one of the mpg threads suggested someone should start an mpg poll so here it is . City Highway and mixed. I personally get 14 to 15 city and 18 to 21 highway and 16 to 17 mixed.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My mileage has been in a steady decline since my second oil change and air filter replacement.:confused: Went from 19-20 hwy & 17-18 mixed to now 16-17 hwy & 15-16 mixed. My Accord did the exact opposite. Because my Ridge is a business vehicle, I log all miles/gasoline usage, so I'm forced to know. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
We lost about 2 to 3 MPG when we mounted our 20's but I love the new wheel & tire combination my son bought for our truck. It’s the 12 to 13 MPG we get pulling our new 19 foot travel trailer that we’ve got to adjust for now. Gotta pay ta play! I love our new escape machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
constant 18 mixed for a year:)

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I had to vote 18 mixed but it is normally a little better. My driving is mostly on 2 lane rural roads with some small town traffic. I have done 22 on the interstate a few times and did hit 24 on one rare occasion. For the size of the RL I am statified with the MPG. Lots of weight for the little V-6 to drag around.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I've had my Ridge for a grand total of 8 months and 2 days. I currently have 1,700 miles on it. I know it needs broken in more. This is the price you pay living 3 blocks from work and your wife having a 06' Pilot w/ a 14 month old child. Guess which one gets used most? (the Pilot is a lease anyway, so we'll be trading in 20 months, why not run the miles on that instead of my RL:D )

I get 15 in town and around 18 @ 80% hwy and 20% city.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10 was the maximum allowed limit for poll questions. Mpg's are variable and I could have ran 3 or 4 threads with polls . Towing I didn't add and that would have required lowering the city avg. by 3 or 4.

I usually have 300 to 500 pounds of tools and or debris on my truck during the busy season , so I know that must lower my avg mpg by a factor during the summer .

·
Registered
876 Posts
Didn't vote -- I get 19 mixed, sometimes 20 mixed, if I drive less aggressively.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, I don't know what I am doing different.... my RL is a business truck and I too have to know mileage and with 23K on my ridge I get 19-20 city and 23-24 hwy. 'Bout 2mpg better after the tonneau cover. I have been very pleased with the mpg!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I voted for 18 mixed cause it was the closest to what I get which is 19 mixed but that wasn't a choice. I can get alot less if I'm 'a little' heavier on the pedal though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
5S Dude said:
We lost about 2 to 3 MPG when we mounted our 20's but I love the new wheel & tire combination my son bought for our truck. It’s the 12 to 13 MPG we get pulling our new 19 foot travel trailer that we’ve got to adjust for now. Gotta pay ta play! I love our new escape machine.
5S, How much does your trailer weight? I'm curious because I'm pulling 5000 pounds and haven't checked it yet as I'm only doing short trips and just started pulling the boat at the end of this season. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
chisoxjim said:
poor poll options,

I get 19-20 mixed.
Yeah, but you drive downhill and with the wind going to and from work Chi. :eek: :D

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Downhill ....? :) With how quick the RL gets up to 100 mph, it sure feels like I am rolling downhill on a rail....

Cruise control is the secret... I have said it before, I lock mine in for most of my ride @ 85, and just go, that is until a "left hand lane bandit", or "keeper of the speed" as I call them gets in my way.

You know Chicago is called the windy city and all...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Just checked mine today, mixed driving including holiday traffic, even 20 MPG. :)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Mixed is always mid 19’s.... Slow mainly city driving is usually 17... Strict Highway is 22...

Tires: Always kept @ 34 psi... 87 octane, and I’m not impatient.... The sweet spot for Highway driving is 72mph…. I find this creates the least amount of down shifting…. But I am leery driving more then 5 over the posted 65…

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
22 Participants
DOB
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing