Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
It is funny how one the most consistent 'dings' for the Ridgeline is fuel economy. Back when gas was less than 2 bucks a gallon, do you think that folks were dinging the GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, and Chevy trucks for fuel economy?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I read through most of the threads here on fuel economy. It seems as though everyone is getting pretty close to the advertised 16/21. Maybe a few higher and a few lower. I can't complain about fuel economy. It was in big numbers on the window when I went and looked the first week of March. Pickup trucks use gas! Buy the hybid Civic or Accord if this is real important to you!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I agree with you. Pick-ups are not primarily designed for optimal fuel economy but for optimal utility. I'm not saying that a hybrid version wouldn't be nice, but I have no complaints about my fuel economy with this truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cost cutting measures? Get real MSN. You can have the driver's vanity mirror and telescopic wheel and I'll take the dual stage side curtain airbags, VSM, EBF distribution ABS brakes, that come standard on EVERY Ridgeline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How many miles are on your Ridgeline? I'm not getting the recommended MPG and am wondering if it's due to my truck have only 2000 miles. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
pretty good revue and my gas mileage stinks even though I am past the "break in" everyone talks about. I get about 13.5, worse than my old f150.

However, even if I knew that going into it I probably would have bought the RL anyway and now that I have owned it for 10 months and 10k miles, there is no doubt.

Honda, make a turbo diesel and that will be my next ridge.

·
Registered
153 Posts
"..the truly different Ridgeline is a breath of fresh air."

Exactly. ;)

One thing though, why no mention of it being the safest truck on the road?!
:rolleyes:

5 stars for frontal impact!
5 stars for side impact!

It also has the lowest chance of rollover among all pickup trucks tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Those are some huge selling points that he failed to mention. :mad:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Good review. I just filled my RL for the first time. Averaged 16.5 on the first tank. All city driving. That about the same as I was getting with my Tauras. No complaints here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts