Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
I just received the flaps and plan to install them this weekend. They are of a "minimalist" design. That is, they are crescent-shaped, not rectatangular like other flaps and only extend out a couple of inches outward. Honda went Zen with a less is more approach to the flaps.

· Registered
606 Posts
If you're considering fender flares I'd wait to see if there is any aftermarket products. The OEM ones really look like they are an afterthought. Look at the fitment, its really not clean, especially the front by the door seam. They should have included a piece for the door to continue the "flare" Again my thoughts are subjective but YMMV.

Attachments

· Registered
78 Posts
All personal opinion but I am not a fan of either option on the new RL. I think the mud guards are too soft and small looking, meanwhile the fender flares just don't look good to me at all and ruin the clean and sleek look of the truck.

If I had to go with one, I would for sure choose the mud guards because they provide real functionality not just cosmetics.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Looks great nizz.

I got a response back from Rally Armor on a Ridgeline specific mud flap set.

Thank you for your inquiry.

While we have not yet committed to developing this application, we are currently assessing the demand for an 17+ Ridgeline specific mud flap. It does appear that the 17+ Ridgeline community is interested, however the most effective way to move your request from consideration to actual project development would be to encourage 17+ Ridgeline owners to inquire with us here, http://www.rallyarmor.com/support.

We would be happy to begin work on it and notify you if/when we do launch the mud flaps.

Best regards,
Team Rally Armor

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
I went with the stock splash guards but not really for looks. They're kind of wimpy. They can always be taken off and if the right flaps come along I might do that.

I like the idea of the fender flares, but Honda's flares are funny in the front. The fact that the flares don't go over the lower corners of the front doors looks odd to me. The truck is aggressively Cab Forward, so there isn't a lot of space between the front door in the wheel well. I think Honda should just own that and continue the black marking over the lower corner of the door. It would look much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.