Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left my 2019 RTL w/o nav. in Florida heat for two weeks. It started right up but with VSA, VSA Triangle, VTM-4 and Malfunction Indicator Lights on and staying on .All the service is up to date and everything was fine when I used it last before. Anything in common here besides the whole computer? Can I drive it a couple of miles to a garage? Cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Weak battery will cause this type of error

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
This sounds funny but..... Good Luck, I hope your battery had a bad cell!!!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
56 Posts
You may also want to thoroughly clean up the Battery Cable Clamps and Battery +/- Posts. Also look at the other end of the Minus Battery Lead where it is secured to the Frame...make sure it's clean and dry. Can someone please move this post to the 2G Problems & Issues section?

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you change the battery, you might as well let the system DIE for a few seconds (ie: don't use an OBDII power maintainer) since you've picked up some 'ghosts' it's better to just let the system reboot, then drive it rather aggressively for the next few days to retrain everything.
Oh, Since yours is new, I'd disconnect the battery, charge it, then reconnect, and do as above.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Weak battery will cause this type of error
Now you have me wondering if I didn't need to replace the wheel sensor & bearing last December.
My car alarm has been going off this week and a battery charge initially helped for a few days. The alarm went off again 2X today and has not since I put the charger on again this AM.
I'm getting a new battery tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts