Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I finally took the time and money to re-paint and refurbish my 2006 ridgeline. The main things changed were the taillights, Adding a reverse camera into a new tailgate handle, blacking out the emblems with a tinted clear coat and changing the front end from the 2006 to the 2013 sport, adding a new set of wheels etc. and also adding a LED Light bar. This was done in a little over a week at mine and my dads body shop. The whole truck was refinished using PPG paint and I couldn't say I could be any happier. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for looking!
ridgeline before 2.png

ridgeline before.png

ridgeline after 2.jpg

ridgeline after 3.jpg

ridgeline after 5.jpg

ridgeline after.jpg

·
Registered
790 Posts
Real nice, silver and black no other color. This is the second ridgeline that gets a make over to the newer grille bumper that I know of. I want to do it to mine so it can be one out of one, possibly the entire world because there is no steel blue with the newer bumper, grille made.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the great comments! Do the conversion Smokey619 its quite a bit getting the parts through Honda but well worth it. 45stang they are 18inch TSW wheels and 245/60-18. I had the most issues picking out the wheels but I think it came together nice. The LED Light bar is kind of hard to see in the lower grille of the bumper but it stood out too much being bright chrome, So I used a black tinted clear coat to darken it a little bit. Kind of defeats the purpose a little bit but the light still greatly improves seeing at night.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My neck hurts....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I like how you pulled the grille into the headlights. Thats a neat look.

Good job.

So are you a body guy or a painter ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do mainly bodywork, Getting into paintwork now though. My dad didn't want me around the paint due to health issues that go along with painting long term but I need to know for the future, plus what car guy wouldn't like to know how to paint professionally!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Dan, is there any chance you could post larger pics. Looks like a lot of great work, but can't see much detail

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
How difficult was it to get the newer front fascia (bumper etc.) to mate up where the old one came off (any issues or just bolt-up)??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Looks good. Any thought of a unique color along the way?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dnick it fits up but you do need to buy the plastic brackets on the fenders where the bumper clips to it. You would also need to take off the front bumper beam absorber(white foam piece). Other than that its just bolt on parts. Slider I just wanted to keep the oem color bc that's all we own is silver Hondas! plus I didn't want to do door jambs etc.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I do mainly bodywork, Getting into paintwork now though. My dad didn't want me around the paint due to health issues that go along with painting long term but I need to know for the future, plus what car guy wouldn't like to know how to paint professionally!
If you are gonna paint, spend the bucks and get a fresh air system.

I will assume you are shooting water by now ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks great! What can i tell my body shop guy to convince him the sport grill and bumper will fit the 2006? He say it wont work.

Thanks,
Will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts