Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't put 1K miles on it yet, so this is early, but I'm averaging 24.5 MPG! I drive about 30 minutes through stop lights and about an hour on the highway each day. If I use the ECON mode and lay off the gas some, (cruising around 75mph on the highway), I get about 26mpg. One day I commuted to work and back, about 65 miles, took it easy on the gas and got 28.2mpg! Using nothing but 87 octane so far.

·
Administrator
16,389 Posts
I haven't put 1K miles on it yet, so this is early, but I'm averaging 24.5 MPG! I drive about 30 minutes through stop lights and about an hour on the highway each day. If I use the ECON mode and lay off the gas some, (cruising around 75mph on the highway), I get about 26mpg. One day I commuted to work and back, about 65 miles, took it easy on the gas and got 28.2mpg! Using nothing but 87 octane so far.
Expect your actual fuel economy to be about 2 MPG less than your trip computer indicates. Your actual fuel economy should be about 4 MPG better than your 2006.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have put about 1500 miles on my GEN2 RTL-T and I am impressed with the mileage. Commuting to work ( mostly interstate ) 124 miles both ways I get 28.x MPG. Just got back from a 770 mile long weekend through the mountains of TN/VA/KY with about 45-60 mins of idling and averaged 26.8 mph.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Expect your actual fuel economy to be about 2 MPG less than your trip computer indicates. Your actual fuel economy should be about 4 MPG better than your 2006.
I have put about 1500 miles on my GEN2 RTL-T and I am impressed with the mileage. Commuting to work ( mostly interstate ) 124 miles both ways I get 28.x MPG. Just got back from a 770 mile long weekend through the mountains of TN/VA/KY with about 45-60 mins of idling and averaged 26.8 mph.
Like zroger alluded too earlier is this based off of the trip computer or are you doing the math? Only asking because those numbers aren't close to the average and I experience 2-3 mpg lower than what the computer tells me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Islick23 my numbers are trip computer. I have not validated with actual math at the pump. We are taking another trip next week and I was planning on tracking and comparing the numbers. I will post my results when I get back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts