Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The A/C was working great today on first outing. When I returned to my truck the A/C did not come on. I tried shutting it off, switching from Auto mode, adjusting the temperature - nothing at all. Not air movement or any indication that any of my control changes were registered.

I'm hoping that there is a simple solution to this problem. I checked a couple of fuses under the hood but they looked fine. Honestly, I don't know how to tell if they are bad.

I have a 2008 Honda Ridgeline EX-L. Any help or suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Welcome Marksmith to the ROC. Since you are a newbie you can not search as good as some of us with a few hundred posts. So go to this link http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67298
It shows the fuse box under the hood. If all is not working, I feel it is the blower fan relay has gone bad and needs replacing.
Fuses are easy to check - pull them out and look at them almost always it is obvious they are blown as there is a break in the wire in the fuse.
Relays are another story - what you can do is swap with another relay.
But hold on because the blower fan relay is a one of a kind (I think) on the RL and it is located under the dash by the blower motor housing.
Hope this helps. Post back what you find out.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,781 Posts
Oddjob, is the blower fan relay different from the blower motor relay?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Oddjob, is the blower fan relay different from the blower motor relay?
Oops - No, Sorry. But I could of sworn there was a separate blower fan relay on or near the blower fan itself, not under the hood? I must of confused it with a different Honda vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,781 Posts
There may be, but I couldn't find it in the FSM by searching for blower fan relay.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Funny thing. Same thing just happened to me. I was sooooo worried that it was going to cost me an arm an a leg. Mind you, I am a complete novice or something lesser when it comes to auto repair. Good thing I have a trusty friend that has his own Honda shop.

Took my truck in for a diagnosis. Because there was no blower movement at all, he figured it was something electrical. He opened up the area to access the blower and hit it a few times to see if it would shake something free. Apparently sometimes they break mechanically. Since there was no joy, he tested the Transistor (I have an 06 RTL). There was a positive current but no negative, I think. He already figured it out but to be sure, he tested it. The transistor went bad. That Honda Genuine part cost $79. He charged me $90 for the diagnosis and nothing for labor. I know the diagnosis is kinda high, but I tell myself that I am paying for his knowledge....

PS it sucks having the transistor broken. I couldn't even defog my windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts