Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my 22 BE in January.... Last week, it warmed up enough to justify running the A/C. After a half hour, the cab was still warm and the air blowing out of the vents was not super cool. I tested the air with the green ECO mode on and off, same results. While I havent busted out the instant read bbq thermometer yet, there is definitely an issue. Its over 90F today and super humid, it still didnt cool the cabin.

I found a few old threads mentioning... TSB 18-080 A/C Does Not Blow Cold Air and Condenser Leaks at Receiver Dryer Cap .

I was wondering if this was an issue that any of the 21 or 22 owners were seeing. My dryer cap looks fine (no staining).

The dealer is getting a call soon, just wanted to know if anyone had any background info for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I got my 22 BE in January.... Last week, it warmed up enough to justify running the A/C. After a half hour, the cab was still warm and the air blowing out of the vents was not super cool. I tested the air with the green ECO mode on and off, same results. While I havent busted out the instant read bbq thermometer yet, there is definitely an issue. Its over 90F today and super humid, it still didnt cool the cabin.

I found a few old threads mentioning... TSB 18-080 A/C Does Not Blow Cold Air and Condenser Leaks at Receiver Dryer Cap .

I was wondering if this was an issue that any of the 21 or 22 owners were seeing. My dryer cap looks fine (no staining).

The dealer is getting a call soon, just wanted to know if anyone had any background info for me.
I recently purchased a used 2021 with 6,500 miles and my A/C is cold but not ICE cold. On a hot Florida day, I put it at 65 and I'm comfy but I've felt colder AC's so I'm following your thread. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
801 Posts
Use the bbq thermometer and measure the center vent air temp. Should be in the low 40s. Similar to the dryer cap leaks, any leak will show staining so you can inspect the system for refrigerant leaks. The only thing that won’t be covered by warranty is damage to the condenser coil by road debris. Though this happened in past generations of Odys, haven’t heard of this occurring in the 2G RL.

Reactions: riprob1

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '22 BE I bought a month ago and as the weather is warming I've noticed it's a little slow to get cold, but it does get there - I may be spoiled by the AC in the Lincoln I traded for the Ridgeline, but I do have to say it's a little slower to cool than most vehicles I've had. Wasn't sure if it was just me or if it's a Honda thing - my wife's Fit has been fantastic but the AC has never been great.

·
Registered
2014 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi, 1951 Dodge M37 oh ya and the wife's 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black ⚫️
23 Posts
I have a '22 BE I bought a month ago and as the weather is warming I've noticed it's a little slow to get cold, but it does get there - I may be spoiled by the AC in the Lincoln I traded for the Ridgeline, but I do have to say it's a little slower to cool than most vehicles I've had. Wasn't sure if it was just me or if it's a Honda thing - my wife's Fit has been fantastic but the AC has never been great.
Slow eh ...well will have to try a longer stretch.. our "city" is very stop start in a short distance so maybe 🤔

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took my 22 BE to the dealer today.... Per the service report "inspected A/C system and found low side schrader valve on the combination pipe is leaking causing refrigerant loss. Ordered new A/C Combination pipe for replacement to restore A/C function." Service Rep said this is first time he's seen an A/C issue like this on a later model Ridgeline.
The repair is scheduled for next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts