Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finalized my deal today. i was quoted $500 above invoice over the phone and when we went over the numbers last Thursday for an RTL we were using invoice(without the destination) and adding $500. it was a great deal for me, so i didn't even bother haggling over the $170 doc fee. they gave me $2000 for my 10 year old saturn which had a condition between fair and good and based on KBB it was a fair price for a trade in but not generous. my roof rack installed was $282(good i thought, H&A was 250+) and tow package(hitch and harness only)installed was $586(not so good- quoted 4 hour labor).
car wasn't available so had to locate one and ,in between, with a promise of exact same deal went for rtl with navi. during the paperwork today the $515 destination charge shows up for the rtl and i argue with them about it since the numbers we went over did not include it and they said it's a mistake on the salesmans part and that everyone pays it. i was close to walking out just on the principle of the thing. i countered about splitting the difference but they didn't budge. i finally gave in especially since i was working nights and had to drive an hour to get there and another hour back with prospects of another busy night apart from the wasted time last week. i think it's still a good deal but left me irritated about the switch. if the destination was included during the 1st discussion i would have tried negotiating the doc fee.
as a last thing, i happened to ask how my truck will be delivered and the guy says somebody will drive it up from the other dealer in the next few days. that really irritated me, i don't know about others, but i dont want my new vehicle to have a couple of hundred miles on it by the time i get it(other dealer was way downstate). end result they are going to trailer it and will be delayed an extra day.
RTL with NAVI
vehicle cost(with roof rack and tow) 31158+515
586(tow)
282(rack)
-------------
$33041

doc fee $170
tax $1992.70
transfer $8
title $15
total (out the door) $35227.38
I did get the 1.9% for 36 months. I should start getting excited but I'm still slightly soured by the last minute shuffle ,unintentional or not.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It sounds like you did great on the OTD price. You will be excited as soon as you get behind the wheel.

I know how that last minute shuffle can turn a mood around. It's unfortunate that they don't disclose everything, there's a slippery element they employ. But they are correct. We are all paying destination charges. The piece that they stuck us with was more devious. We got slammed for a little under $300 for a "theft protection" etching they'd made on our glass. HISS!

But we've been glowing for over a month now at this great truck we're driving around in. We got over it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello truckin,
you're up late. i'm starting to let myself get excited with the truck. I will have the same color as yours. i was thinking of adding on the backup camera today because of your pics but with the destination issue i didn't feel like giving them more business for the time being. if they brought up the destination charges intially i would have negotiated the doc fee. last week i just let them throw that number in since i thought they were being generous enough anyway.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow! That's a great deal. Good luck with it. I am also thinking of some add-ons. I am also thinking of all the horror stories about dealer installations and the problems I have had with others too. I would hate to ruin my perfect RL. Or better yet, have someone else ruin it!
Maybe when I get a scratch I'll let somebody else touch it :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good deal Lurker, was very close to what I got mine for and as for accessories I only wanted fogs & rear flaps. The rest of the charges besides the dealer jack fee is what you would pay anywhere. Uncle sam and the state DMV'S always add on a couple grand.

Overall you should feel that you did very well and wait until its yours, you will have no doubt you did good !! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been shopping and will be making my purchase in conjunction with the closing sale of my home.
The best deal that I have come up with is very close to the same deal you have.
You have done well...now enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts