Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I must say I am not a salesman or a *******, nor do I work for Honda.
I traded a 2003 dodge dakota for my Ridgeline. The other car is a 96 Accord
we purchased used from a dealer. Car had 60,000 miles on it. I have done some maintanence to the car myself. At 148,000 the engine light came on. I paid a guy $20 bucks to pull the code for me. The code had something to do with the EGR valve. I bought a gasket cleaned the valve thought all was good. The light returned, I went for the manual. Checked all pieces associated
with the valve. No luck. I stopped at a Honda dealer spoke with service writer. He explained car is under warranty 15 years, 150,000 miles on emission
parts. Took the car in, tech flushed intake, new plugs, dist. cap, rotor, wires,
and oil change. No cost to me. I was happy as a lark. I thought with all the problems I had been having with dodge, and even though my sister works for
GMAC, and how the GM dealers refused to work a trade, and I could have gotten the family discount. I thought, It would be foolish of me to buy anything else but Honda. I have 4,000 miles on my RL and really enjoy all of it.
Good Luck to all looking. We simply couldn't wait. Notice how I didn't bash dodge?

·
Registered
97 Posts
One nice write-up there. Enjoy your truck! :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
honda service is great. the check engine light went on in my 2000 odyssey last year and it turns out the catalytic converter needed to be replaced. i forgot how many years it was covered for but we weren't there yet then but it did have 83,000 miles and the coverage was for 80,000. the service department called honda corporate and they ok'ed the replacement under warranty which would have cost around $1,000 if we had to pay for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts