Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my '06 for 8 years now. My mods: 2" lift and Falken Wildpeak AT tires (265-65r17's). I'm in love with my truck and love it offroad. There are 2 important things you need to know if you want to climb slippery hills and go through muddy fields with the truck:
1. Turn VSA OFF
2. Have decent AT tires.
I find that I can go practically anywhere!!!! I've been through muddy bogs, down canyons in the desert, and up rooted slippery hills and it is amazing. I turn VSA back on when I'm on the street, on a snowing highway, and going 50 mph down a sandy road in the desert. Know that if you let the tire pressure out (and you should off the street) that if it reaches very low pressure the tire pressure system will activate (I never let that much out-it's a lot) and the truck will not allow you to turn VSA off. I read on ROC that you pull the TPMS fuse if that is the case. I just wanted to put this out there because there are only 1 or 2 videos on-line showing what you can do offroad- all the rest are silly people that don't know how to drive this truck!
:wink:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pictures please.

What brand lift kit did you buy? and where did you get it.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even after 10 years, my Ridgeline still impresses me! I've only gotten stuck once, in some really soft sand. I did bottom out pretty bad one time, but one driveshaft replacement later everything's alright! :laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts